Jiri will not be the same guy he was pre-shoulder surgery (Alex could have won, regardless)

notsojollyroger

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
If anyone has had shoulder issues then you may understand how difficult it is to recover 100%. The UFC surgeon, who operates on all types of fighter injuries "said in all the years of the UFC, this is the worst shoulder injury we've ever seen" (why Dana would make this public is baffling), but Jiri could not throw power with his compromised arm. I hope Jiri can prove me wrong. Every Jiri fight is incredible despite his recklessness, plus one day I'd like to learn how to spell his last name.

Source:
https://www.mmafighting.com/2022/12...ulder-expects-glover-teixeira-next-title-shot

I think he looked decent, just got caught by the biggest puncher in the sport. So was Strickland, and he's a champ now.

Pereira looked a bit stunned for a moment so I think Jiri can still punch, Pereira just has a better chin at 205.

It was a fight with the 2 best guys in the division. One had to lose. I'm sad it was Jiri but glad it was at least to Alex. Personally I don't think the injury itself had a huge impact, more it was the layoff the injury caused.

Back