• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

International Japan to embark on domestic design for 6th gen air superiority fighter

MicroBrew

Plutonium Belt
@plutonium
Reaction score
@GhostZ06
Japan is going to design and manufacture their own 6th generation air superiority fighter. Currently they field the F35, current versions of the F15 and their version of the F16.

One wonders just how much Lockheed technology , from the F35 , they will be allowed to incorporate in a modified or unmodified form. The US doesn't sell the Raptor to anyone. The new design will also no doubt include considerable Western tech, apart from what is in the F35.

If their F2 (their homegrown version of the F16) is any indication, this new plane will be their most expensive defense program, probably even surpassing what the cost of the F22 Raptor.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/f-35-antique-japan-going-040000556.html

Probably will end up a costly and ineffective program like the F-2 again.

I hope it can change into a massive robot.

Great for them. I'm hoping it will be based on their very successful kamikaze concept.

they can spend more because they only carry one bomb

I hope it can change into a massive robot.
IpXqWYu.gif

Unless the US is giving or selling them tech. I don't see them building a 6th gen. fighter.

What a bunch of nerds in this thread smh

The models better turn into that^^^^^

Back