Movies AVATAR: THE WAY OF WATER (Dragonlord's Review, post #1)

If you have seen AVATAR: THE WAY OF WATER, how would you rate it?

• Total voters
I, for one, am excited about these sequels. I love the world and how they created it, and the first one, to me, was a great movie.

I, for one, am excited about these sequels. I love the world and how they created it, and the first one, to me, was a great movie.

In a world with Transformers 6, XXX 4 and F&F 8, I don't see any need to really complain about Avatar 2.

James Cameron... Speed Racer...
James Cameron... Jupiter Ascending...
I love those two, but it doesn't escape me the Wachowskis like to begin their films with a lot of mumble mumble that isn't easy to digest right away.

I love those two, but it doesn't escape me the Wachowskis like to begin their films with a lot of mumble mumble that isn't easy to digest right away.

In the case of Jupiter Ascending, Eddie Redmayne managed to transcend expectations and provide mumble hissing.

In the case of Jupiter Ascending, Eddie Redmayne managed to transcend expectations and provide mumble hissing.
UnhappyFirmKite-size_restricted.gif

It's pretty dire when he's threatening Jupiter face-to-face. "Hhhhnghgngnnnnplanet belongs to me...." What was he going for? An out of breath Danny Glover?

I love that he's going head to head with Star Wars ep 9. I was never going to see another Kathleen Kennedy lead Disney SW abortion again, but I'll def give Cameron a shot, his sequels always deliver. He puts decent to great movies together and always pushes the technological envelope. I wasn't the biggest fan of Avatar, but it was worth seeing in the theater, the 3d was groundbreaking at the time.

Yawn....don’t care . I’ll watch it cause I’m a media whore , but I doubt youngsters give a damn . Plus Cameron is giant prick with one of the largest egos in Hollywood ( in a land full of giant egos )and it’ll be nice to see him fail for once .

Last edited:
UnhappyFirmKite-size_restricted.gif

It's pretty dire when he's threatening Jupiter face-to-face. "Hhhhnghgngnnnnplanet belongs to me...." What was he going for? An out of breath Danny Glover?
I'm Still upset this Can beat Michael Keaton for best actor. Horseshit .

I don’t know much about this, but I will watch for James Cameron; also, I really hope Brick has a sizeable role, because that guy is great.

I can't wait to never watch these movies.

Update: February 19, 2019

AVATAR 2 Director James Cameron Reveals The First Details About The Long-Delayed Sequel

Avatar was released in 2009 and not only revolutionised 3D technology (we've yet to see another movie come close to reproducing those effects) but also broke box office records. The sequel is expected to finally be released next year and director James Cameron has now shed some light on what we should expect from that and future instalments.

After confirming that the second and third instalments were shot back to back, the filmmaker revealed that all that's left to do now is shoot the live-action components of the movies.

"[Performance-capture] is the vast majority of the characters, and that is the vast majority of the running time of the film," explained Cameron. "That pesky little live-action component is going to cost me five months of my life, across the two movies."

He also went on to reveal that the sequel is set to take place a number of years after the first movie as one key scene will revolve around Jake and Neytiri's daughter witnessing an argument between her parents in what he describes as a very important moment.

"There’s a three-page argument scene between Jake and Neytiri, a marital dispute, very, very critical to the storyline," Cameron continued. "I wound up shooting it all from the point of view of the eight-year-old hiding under the structure and peeking in."

Avatar 2 Director James Cameron Reveals The First Details About The Long-Delayed Sequel

Pesky live action ?

Good luck bro if you don't have a new gimmick ready this one will disappoint your own expectations will do 1 billion cause of the hype you will bring but not 2.

It was a great movie! I saw it in Imax 3D and I was immersed in another world.

With that said, in spite being the top grossing movie, today it has 0 effect on pop culture, no one references it, no one makes memes out of it. People just liked it and forgot about it.

Really weird.

The visuals were really good, but he story was typical. It's been ten years and as Bill Burr would say, "annnd i don't think i give a shit." I'll wait for it on cable/netflix.

Update: April 4, 2019

Vin Diesel Possibly Joining the Cast for Jame Cameron's AVATAR Sequels

I wasn't a big fan to begin with but it's been so long I'm not sure I'll have any desire to go see any avatar sequels at this point.

Back