News Izzy Wants Stipe Too!

Lukn4trbl

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
This dude has called out Costa, Jones, and now Stipe.

Stay in your lane, son. Whittaker is going to give you a tough fight, and likely beat you.

Confidence is great, but prove yourself against the MW champ before calling out the LHW and HW champs IMO.

ETA:. This nonsense about being tougher than Jones, but needing time to get better is hilarious. Wants to fight JJ in early 2021.

Starting to lose respect for Israel?
127_Israel_Adesanya_vs_Marvin_Vettori.0.jpg

https://www.mmafighting.com/2019/10...-LCYFpINTrxv6PrmsKDA0Cirap0WRK7NMv_CJZ-0nMtJs

In an interview with Submission Radio, Adesanya and his coach Eugene Bareman discusses what the future holds for Adesanya and both of them believe he’s about to become the biggest star in the sport, even bigger than Conor McGregor.

“Our expectations are high,” Bareman said. “Like, they’re just as high the UFC’s. When Israel wins this belt, we think he’ll be biggest star in the UFC, basically. The biggest active star anyway. I know there’s one other star that’s sitting out, but I also know Israel’s goal was to be a bigger star than that guy as well.”

“Yeah, I mean, we’re not in the same weight class, but the numbers, coming from those number as well,” Adesanya continued. “I’m coming for those numbers. And I didn’t chase them, they just kind of happen organically, they just chase us. So yeah, making it happen. . .

“Win fights, keep that same energy. And also, you’re forgetting about Nigeria. It’s 190 million strong. 190 million strong, and they ride for their people. We’re coming. Slowly, but we’re coming.”

This should come as little surprise to anyone who has been following Adesanya’s MMA career. “The Last Stylebender” has always had lofty goals and so far he’s lived up to them. But Adesanya and his coach have even higher expectations for himself than most would expect as they are already playing around with the idea of eventually taking a superfight at heavyweight.

“If it didn’t have to be next year, and you just wanted to go as big of a fight as we could, then I think you’d fight the heavyweight champ,” Bareman said. “No, he wouldn’t move up to heavyweight, he’d stay where he is. If you gave me a choice and said, you’ve got to give me a superfight, it’s gotta be a light heavyweight/heavyweight, then I’m taking heavyweight. It’s just different. There’s different things you can take advantage of that heavyweights do that the light heavyweights don’t give you. So like, if you want a show as big as you can (get).”

Last edited:
Turning in to Conor! Want's to fight everyone yet isn't!

So you didn't quote where he called out Stipe? Useless

Izzy is much more talented than Stipe, but that size difference is gonna be too much.
O H !

No he doesn't.
He got beat up by a 5'7" WW with a burrito problem.

Good for Izzy if he can pull that off.
Lots of guys have said shit like that over the years, but most end up embarrassing themselves.

Look at the monsters that Stipe has knocked out. Izzy might died.

He would get tossed around at LHW, let alone HW. The great kickboxer almost lost a kickboxing fight to Gastelum.

The more I stare at Israel, the more respect I get for him.

Dude's 6'4" and got a huge dick. And with these call outs, he's got the balls to go with the dick. He doesn't need your manlet respect.
<{walkerwhut}>

Worked out great for Maldonado.

Calling out these bums is one thing but calling out Jon Jones would signal his death.

UFC wouldn't be able to rebroadcast the event due to the brutality.

Calling out these bums is one thing but calling out Jon Jones would signal his death.

UFC wouldn't be able to rebroadcast the event due to the brutality.

A few years ago maybe. Right now Jones is struggling to get decisions over crippled MWs.

god I wish they matched him against Jon Jones, and Jon decided to go the elbow ground n pound route

He’s a twig. Pretty sure he eats tiramisu to make 185lbs.

Lost respect for who? More like I gained it.

But he didn't call Stipe out, I just finished watching that 40 min interview and they were joking about the future.

This is what Adesanya looked like after fighting a 5'7" fat welterweight

tenor.gif

He's reaching Weidman levels of delusion.

Back