Media Islam to Khabib: "If you were there, it would have been easier. 100%"

I truly believe that Khabib just wants Islam to shine on his own and not be in his shadow. That is why i think he has taken a step back..
Probably would have been better for Islam if Khabib was there.

m3wawouourw71.jpg

Damn, Islam really wanted Khabib there. He's annoyed and he's gonna let Khabib know about it!

I think Javier is a great coach but I think because of the personal connection, I believe Khabib knows how to get the most out of his group. That spazzing out on the sideline stuff really works for them lol

I truly believe that Khabib just wants Islam to shine on his own and not be in his shadow. That is why i think he has taken a step back..
I think it's what Khabib said actually, he wants to spend his time with his family instead of being away constantly.

I think Javier is a great coach but I think because of the personal connection, I believe Khabib knows how to get the most out of his group. That spazzing out on the sideline stuff really works for them lol
Khabib offers way better technical advice especially with the grappling.

Most of Javier's advice amounted to "Father's plan!" and "Cain Velasquez style!".

He's in the background with Islam now and a secondary coach for him behind the scenes. Islam has other guys.

That could be part of it, but they need Khabib not just for the fights and fight IQ in real time, but also the training and preparation. Everything was different when Khabib was in charge. The training just seemed more intense an Khabib was really training them for a fight. Without Khabib their training seemed light intensity in comparison, and they were just going through the motions. Seemed like Khabib trains the physical and mental aspects of fighting.

That could be part of it, but they need Khabib not just for the fights and fight IQ in real time, but also the training and preparation. Everything was different when Khabib was in charge. The training just seemed more intense an Khabib was really training them for a fight. Without Khabib their training seemed light intensity in comparison, and they were just going through the motions. Seemed like Khabib trains the physical and mental aspects of fighting.
Khabib makes shit super uncomfortable, which prepares them for the pressure of the fights. What did Islam say? Khabib doesn't understand the word tired.

Khabib offers way better technical advice especially with the grappling.

Most of Javier's advice amounted to "Father's plan!" and "Cain Velasquez style!".

He's in the background with Islam now and a secondary coach for him behind the scenes. Islam has other guys.

Lay off the bong water dude. Coach Mendez has trained many world champions at AKA.

Reactions: 1AM
Back