Is Reese’s The Best Candy Ever?

I don't think I'm going to be able to find a reliable hit for "American-shaming Euro Chocolate" or something. Do you guys have brands, or is literally every chocolate heavenly perfection in not-America?

This link gives a good summary.

I’ll take America’s See’s over any on that list.

gift-of-elegance-887-candy-box-alt1.jpg

seesint.jpg

They changed butterfinger? Dammit! I guess that's what I get for not buying any since I was a kid
Yeah, it's not "Nestle" anymore. They sold to Ferrero Rocher who changed the recipe. It's dogshit now. I remember chewing on a Butterfinger one day thinking "This tastes weird. I wonder if it's expired?" Then the next time I had one it tasted the same and I was like "Ew! WTF is going on with these?!" and I looked it up and found out what happened. They destroyed my favorite candy bar. :mad:

Yeah, it's not "Nestle" anymore. They sold to Ferrero Rocher who changed the recipe. It's dogshit now. I remember chewing on a Butterfinger one day thinking "This tastes weird. I wonder if it's expired?" Then the next time I had one it tasted the same and I was like "Ew! WTF is going on with these?!" and I looked it up and found out what happened. They destroyed my favorite candy bar. :mad:
I’d be so pissed if that happened to a candy I really enjoyed. Sorry for your loss brother

I’ll take America’s See’s over any on that list.

gift-of-elegance-887-candy-box-alt1.jpg

seesint.jpg
Well that just looks excellent. Not familiar with Sees but it looks like they are more of a mall specialty chocolatier franchise than mas produce brand?

Look I am not saying America cannot make good chocolate. I am just saying their mass produce brands are the worse and technically not chocolate. They are wax candy.

i grew up in a day when you could say that about American beers. Many of the best selling beers in the world were American water brands (Coors, Bud light, etc) where the goal is literally to minimize taste as much as possible and gets as close to fizzy water as possible. But that changed when America's micro brew culture sprung to life. Suddenly the American's loved the types of beers they used to mock as 'snobby' before and that Europeans and others had loved for over a hundred years. Now America makes many of the worlds best Micro beers and even their main stream beers have stepped up.

The fact is if you grow up on flat water like beer it will be hard to appreciate beers with real flavour and complexity. If you grow up eating wax like candy ("chocolate") it is hard to appreciate what real chocolate is and should taste like. But once you do (as happened with Americans and beer) you don't look back.

Well that just looks excellent. Not familiar with Sees but it looks like they are more of a mall specialty chocolatier franchise than mas produce brand?

Look I am not saying America cannot make good chocolate. I am just saying their mass produce brands are the worse and technically not chocolate. They are wax candy.

i grew up in a day when you could say that about American beers. Many of the best selling beers in the world were American water brands (Coors, Bud light, etc) where the goal is literally to minimize taste as much as possible and gets as close to fizzy water as possible. But that changed when America's micro brew culture sprung to life. Suddenly the American's loved the types of beers they used to mock as 'snobby' before and that Europeans and others had loved for over a hundred years. Now America makes many of the worlds best Micro beers and even their main stream beers have stepped up.

The fact is if you grow up on flat water like beer it will be hard to appreciate beers with real flavour and complexity. If you grow up eating wax like candy ("chocolate") it is hard to appreciate what real chocolate is and should taste like. But once you do (as happened with Americans and beer) you don't look back.

Everything you said is accurate. See’s is definitely an outlier in comparison to the typical mass produced American chocolate/candies.

My sister in law makes peanut butter cups that are WAY better.

Austrian Mozart balls put any of this American stuff to shame.
And probably lots of Swiss and European stuff does too.
What you're talking about here are mass produced run of the mill American chocolate bars.
(Though if we're talking run of the mill, my favorite is SNICKERS).
91yWsZMQ-8L._AC_SX569_.jpg

And since we're on the topic of sweets, I think this is my favorite run of the mill ice cream.
Have you Americans ever tasted this one?
Magnum-double-caramel.png

Back