Inspiration Thread

PsyKahTik

White Belt
Reaction score
Not sure if its been done already, but I felt it was neccessary to make a thread dedicated to inspiring people to do what they do best. Post anything that inspires you to train, fight, roll, spar, whatever. Wether it be a video, song, quote, fight, etc...

Song - Till I Collapse by Eminem

Video - Eddie Bravo @ ADCC

Quote - "Our greatest glory consists not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

If I can get one single person to get off their ass and go train, then this thread was worth it.

Help us out guys

I'm the centerpiece
You're a maltese
I'm a pitbull off his lease
All the peace talks can cease!

Square Dance is good too! Eminem is the TRUTH!

The poem "Do not go gentle into that goodnight" by Dylan Thomas

Song: Dethroned by X-Ray Dog
(fucking amazing song)

Movie: Vision Quest! :)

Quote: "To have something you've never had, you must do something you've never done." - J.Robinson, head wrestling coach for the University of Minnesota.

Poem: "The Man in The Glass" http://www.scrapbook.com/poems/doc/1695/344.html

Being short
Being born unathletic
Marcelo Garcia

Opps that was stupid...I dont know why I mixed them up.

I was acutally going to get "Do not go gentle" tattoo'd on me

The meaning of the poem and why it was written is inspiring. Dylan Thomas' dad was sick (dying) but he was the kind of the guy was a hard ass old man so Dylan seeing his dad in a weakened state really made me upset. So Dylan wrote this poem about never giving up (never going gentle into that good night) and it actually reminded his dad of the kind of person he was and he fought his way back to health....so the poem always inspired me

Songs: Too many to name but Ey Ukhnem, and Prelude No.10 in B Minor by Rachmaninoff are two of the most emotionally powerful pieces of sound art that I've ever experienced.

Anything involving Don Frye. Seriously. Anytime I think I'm ready to quit, I think of Frye, who has let both ankles get broken, his arm broken, the pounding from Coleman, etc.
What one man can do, another can do.

Also: The Old Man and the Sea by Hemingway (book)

I hated every minute of training, but I said, "Don't quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion."
-Ali

"I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once, but I fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times"

Pain is only weakness leaving the body

Train hard... fight easy.

Tomorrows battle is won during today's practice. - Samurai maxim

In the course of achieving anything, nothing is more important than persistence.

Suffer the pain of discipline or suffer the pain of regret!

Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors. - African proverb

Repetition is the mother of skill...

Knowing is not enough; you must apply. Willing is not enough, you must do.

"It is not the critic who counts: not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly, who errs and comes up short again and again, because there is no effort without error or shortcoming, but who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions, who spends himself for a worthy cause; who, at the best, knows, in the end, the triumph of high achievement, and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat."

"Citizenship in a Republic,"
Speech at the Sorbonne, Paris, April 23, 1910
Theodore Roosevelt

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/072IsGDEpTc&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/072IsGDEpTc&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Song: Dethroned by X-Ray Dog
(fucking amazing song)

Movie: Vision Quest! :)

Quote: "To have something you've never had, you must do something you've never done." - J.Robinson, head wrestling coach for the University of Minnesota.

Poem: "The Man in The Glass" http://www.scrapbook.com/poems/doc/1695/344.html

Awesome. I loved VisionQuest and agree. I think I was about 16 when it came out to theaters. Havent seen it since and hope it holds up to todays standards.

Might not fit but my intial pick would be Born on the 4th of July...and it did have wrestling as well.:D The guy had seemingly great aspirations and then had to heavily re-set his standards to feel like a winner again.

Most motivating song was the 'Game of Death' theme song. Goona try to get it. and got it...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-gzly7lqP8&feature=related

I usually watch a walk to remember.. just seeing Mandy Moore's character not give a fuck and live her own life is truly inspirational!

Back