• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Movies INSIDE OUT 2 (Dragonlord's Reaction, post #17)

Love me some Pixar and I got a great first impression from this teaser, looks like a lotta fun, Anxiety character kinda reminds me of Forky from Toy Story 4 which I enjoyed very much
I think its safe to say I am All In on this one

Speaking of Pixar, I was kinda bummed to hear that their new space adventure film got pushed back a year, the trailers for that one looked great, hopefully they use the extra time to shine and polish it up even more!

I actually didn't mind the first one, hopefully they focused on making a decent movie for the sequel. Pixar lately has been kinda meh.

first Inside Out is one of my favorite Pixars & it makes me cry like a baby. as someone who suffers from anxiety, i have high hopes, although i’m not nuts about these great Pixar flicks constantly going back to the sequel well.

they better never touch Wall•E w/ the sequel bug is all i know.

digging teh idea of a bunch of minions in my head that all represent different aspects of my mind. We've seen this several timez in teh last decade or 2... so it's not new, but I can't recall another that hit home with me. I love teh concept though, & hopefully this one deliverz.

"We wanted to make such a good impression"

Uhh..

Is this new emotion trans?
That's the only time I have ever seen anyone refer to themselves as plural.

digging teh idea of a bunch of minions in my head that all represent different aspects of my mind. We've seen this several timez in teh last decade or 2... so it's not new, but I can't recall another that hit home with me. I love teh concept though, & hopefully this one deliverz.
I feel like the first time I saw the concept was in "Herman's Head"

Which was a TV show that as I recall didnt stick around too long.

2-927a92055cc310b3adc6f5b3fc0b958c.jpg

Kind of hard to avoid "Inside out" being a direct ripoff of this idea, though executed better.

I feel like the first time I saw the concept was in "Herman's Head"

Which was a TV show that as I recall didnt stick around too long.

View attachment 1010772

Kind of hard to avoid "Inside out" being a direct ripoff of this idea, though executed better.
That's exactly teh first show I waz thinking about when I wrote that post, but I couldn't recall it. (there have been other less obvious adaptationz, but that waz the first I recall.)

I absolutely LUB!!!... teh concept... but I'm awaiting someone to pull it off in a satisfying way.

Thank you for that~

Loved first IO, not sure i need a sequel though

Update: November 9, 2023

Teaser Trailer for Pixar's INSIDE OUT 2 Introduces a New Emotion - Anxiety

Is her mom supposed to be the girl from the Gru movies? Did I read that, or is that an original thought that I should be rewarded for?

"We wanted to make such a good impression"

Uhh..

Is this new emotion trans?
That's the only time I have ever seen anyone refer to themselves as plural.
I think it was a hint that more emotions are on their way. Anxiety was just the first to show up in that scene.

I think it was a hint that more emotions are on their way. Anxiety was just the first to show up in that scene.
Ah.

That would be way better.

I did not see anyone else and saw a single entity refer to (seemingly) itself as "we" ...

First one was surprisingly good. I will keep an eye on this and hope for the best.

Inside Out 2 had its first screenings for critics, as they shared their initial reactions to Disney and Pixar's 2024 sequel.

Inside Out 2 is Pixar’s 28th full-length film, following up with the pre-teen from the first movie, Riley, as she moves into the early stages of puberty and learns what her teenage years have in store for her.

Thus far, the press has only seen the sequel’s first half hour of footage, although that alone yielded quite positive reactions.

Saw Inside Out 2. If you loved the first movie, you will love this sequel. Just like the first movie, this will hit you in the feels.

I wasn't enamored with the first movie as others but thought it was still pretty good. I think the sequel is slightly better. The new emotions are a good addition to the cast of characters, especially Anxiety (voiced wonderfully by Maya Hawke). There were several funny moments like the characters from Riley's secrets.

Rating: 7.5/10 or 8/10

I think I know her deep dark secret and it's just funny and well done.

Saw Inside Out 2. If you loved the first movie, you will love this sequel. Just like the first movie, this will hit you in the feels.

I wasn't enamored with the first movie as others but thought it was still pretty good. I think the sequel is slightly better. The new emotions are a good addition to the cast of characters, especially Anxiety (voiced wonderfully by Maya Hawke). There were several funny moments like the characters from Riley's secrets.

Rating: 7.5/10 or 8/10

I think I know her deep dark secret and it's just funny and well done.
Glad to hear it. Seems like the reviews I've read say it's slightly worse/not as good as the first, and maybe Turning Red makes this 1 less enjoyable since it touches on a similar subject. Kids are dying to see it.

Back