• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Movies INSIDE OUT 2 (Hits $742 Million Globally; Dragonlord's Reaction, post #17)

If you have seen INSIDE OUT 2, how would you rate it?

• 10 - Excellent

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 9 - Great

• 7 - Pretty Good

• 6 - Decent

• 5 - Average

• 4 - Poor

• 3 - Bad

• 2 - Terrible

• 1 - Abysmal

• Not interested in watching this.

• Total voters

92%

i really enjoyed the first one. However the Riley personal/family life was weak. The movie was carried by the emotions/inner workings in her head. Plus this makes me want ot bring up another thing, I miss the 3-d movie push. Seems like 3-d has gone the way of the dodo bird which is a shame for certain movies. Inside Out was much better in 3-d

So not sequel to gay Kevin Kline movie a sequel to the Gay Disney movie. Cant wait

Move out of the way, Sadness: “Inside Out 2” just scored the biggest box office previews of 2024.

Disney and Pixar‘s latest animated outing grossed $13 million in Thursday previews domestically, plus $22.3 million internationally. The family-friendly sequel is projected to launch between $80 million and $90 million this weekend.

A debut on the higher end would give “Inside Out 2” the biggest opening of the year. Warner Bros. currently holds the top two spots of 2024 with “Dune: Part Two” at $82.5 million and “Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire” at $80 million.

Box office update:

Inside Out 2 earned a massive $62 million on Friday. The film is now projected for a $140 to $160 million opening weekend.

Took the family to see this. Did not expect that it would be so good that my theater would clap when the credits rolled. Sequels usually aren't as good as the original but they nailed this one.

Took the family to see this. Did not expect that it would be so good that my theater would clap when the credits rolled. Sequels usually aren't as good as the original but they nailed this one.

I just saw it too. My feelings are similar to what I thought of the first one: one of the most emotionally resonant Pixar films and definitely one of the best of 2012-2024 era of the studio.

Would be shocked if they don’t do a third film, given the box office. And unlike some of those other Pixar films where the sequel seemed rather contrived, this property easily lends itself to a follow up.

Glad it’s a hit. So few films seem to land at the box office these days.

Update: June 15, 2024

INSIDE OUT 2 Delivers Historic $155 Million U.S. Opening Weekend and $295 Million Globally in Huge Pixar Comeback

bLDBucC.jpeg

Where to begin in describing the emotions Hollywood and theater owners — not to mention Pixar and its parent company Disney — are likely feeling over the stunning start of Inside Out 2 at the box office. (Hint: Sadness isn’t one of them.)

In a huge comeback for Pixar, the tentpole opened to a massive $155 million domestically over Father’s Day weekend — well ahead of an expected $90 million — to secure the second-biggest animated launch of all time for a three-day weekend, not adjusted for inflation. It also did historic business overseas, where it opened to a record $140 million for a global total of $295 million, the biggest opening of all time for an animated film in like-for-like markets when accounting for exchange rates.

Fellow Pixar sequel Incredibles 2 is the crown-holder for top animated domestic opening ($182.7 million). That was previously followed by Illumination and Universal’s The Super Mario Bros. Movie ($146.4 million) — which Inside Out 2 has supplanted — Pixar’s Finding Dory ($135.1 million) and Walt Disney Animation’s Frozen II ($130.3 million).

Inside Out 2 is just what the doctor ordered for Pixar, which has endured several years of strife, including when the former Disney regime decided to send a trio of Pixar films straight to streaming.

Internationally, the film only opened in 60 percent of the marketplace this weekend. It broke records across Latin America, where it secured the second-biggest opening of all time behind Marvel and Disney’s Avengers: Endgame.

Heading into the weekend, the $200 million sequel was tracking for a North American debut in the $90 million range, in line with the first film, which went on to earn nearly $860 million globally. Instead, Inside Out 2is the first movie since Barbie almost a year ago to cross $100 million in its launch, a symbol of just how beleaguered the box office has been so far in 2024 due to strike-related delays and a precipitous downturn in moviegoing. (Barbie opened to $162 million domestically.)

Inside Out 2 earned glowing reviews and boasts a Rotten Tomatoes critics score of 93 percent. It earned an A CinemaScore, while the Rotten Tomatoes audience score of 96 percent is a Pixar-best.

Still odd there acting like elemental didn't end up doing fine at the box office.

It was the bomb that didn't with total of almost 500 million

Last edited:
Star Wars is just waiting for someone to pull the plug and call TOD. The MCU might survive if it doesn't reject it's Deadpool Transplant. ;)

Jackman has to be using ten times as many steroids as Rogan.

movie was solid. i love the new emotions and the other emotions from the supporting characters. I wish there were more scenes from the supporting characters' minds.

Back