Movies INCREDIBLES 2 (Dragonlord's Review)

If you have seen INCREDIBLES 2, how would you rate it?

• Total voters
After 14 years, it’s finally here… and fails to live up to expectations.

I don't agree. The movie was fun, entertaining, and had everything I expected it to have. My biggest request was that they focus a bit on jack jack which they did and it was great. Jack Jack had my favorite scene in the movie. The story itself was pretty decent and stacked the odds against the heroes towards the end so it did feel like there was plenty at stake.

I would give it at least an 8 if not a 9 out of 10.

Last edited:
I had this feeling from the trailer. It didn't seem like a continuation of the first movie as much as a re-tread with a new character leading the way. Kinda made me worried about exactly what you're describing happening. @Dragonlordxxxxx is Screenslaver who I immediately guessed it was from the trailers?

Screwed that tag up.

Cause that would probably cement this as a future rent.

Last edited:
Just came back from it. Really good. Funny and great action. I wish Frozone’s wife was in it more. That was my favorite part in the first one,where he argues with his wife.

The bad guy isn’t as good as the first one but everything else is pretty much what you want.

The animated short before the movie was good too.

I had this feeling from the trailer. It didn't seem like a continuation of the first movie as much as a re-tread with a new character leading the way. Kinda made me worried about exactly what you're describing happening. @Dragonlordxxxxx is Screenslaver who I immediately guessed it was from the trailers?

Screwed that tag up. *cough*better call saul*cough* I'll delete after you reply

Cause that would probably cement this as a future rent.
No, it wasn't Saul.

Are we really surprised that Disney has taken a strong father figure and made him a weak individual? It's pretty much how they operate.

Didn't see the first one. Probably won't see this one.

That's encouraging, yet troubling that whoever it is still garnered a 'meh'. I still haven't seen Upgrade, @Dragonlordxxxxx, you? If I had to take a lady to one or the other, what would you say?

Are we really surprised that Disney has taken a strong father figure and made him a weak individual? It's pretty much how they operate.

Probably won't see this one.

You do realize, based on the trailers the entire theme of the movie could end up being "A woman will still need a man in the end because only love beats pure evil" right? See a movie before you tell everyone what it's agenda is.

That's encouraging, yet troubling that whoever it is still garnered a 'meh'. I still haven't seen Upgrade, @Dragonlordxxxxx, you? If I had to take a lady to one or the other, what would you say?
I haven't seen Upgrade also. I would go with Incredibles 2 because there is a potential that some of you guys might enjoy it more than I did.

You do realize, based on the trailers the entire theme of the movie could end up being "A woman will still need a man in the end because only love beats pure evil" right? See a movie before you tell everyone what it's agenda is.
Seen enough reviews already and studied Disney to realize that having a strong male figure is typically not their MO. Incredibles was the anomaly, but not anymore. It's what they do, so naw I'm good. I don't need to waste money on that.

Disney to realize that having a strong male figure is typically not their MO

Yes the people that just gave us Dr. Strange, Spiderman, Thor: Ragnarok and Infinity War hate having strong male characters. Nothing but chicks with them and that Jungle Book. They made Beast a girl in Beauty and the Beast right?

Sorry man, but try seeing a movie before critiquing it's flaws. You just sound like you're whining just to whine.

I want to see it but that whole Jack Jack/Mr Mom garbage sounds bad.

Upgrade is awesome, but your lady friend would most likely enjoy Incredibles 2 more, unless she's into sci fi revenge movies.

The stay at home dad angle got tiresome. That and the kids run over him and he just seemed incapable and overwhelmed. Mrs. Incredible was cool of course

The Incredibles is one of those things where I was good with just one movie. Or maybe I just imagined the sequel picking up a few years down the line. I wanted to see the kids developed with more crime fighting experience under their belt; preparing to go from sidekicks to full fledged heroes. That felt like the natural continuation. I didn't need to see Violet go through the teen angst bit again.

What's going on with Brad Bird? Between this and the weird Tomorrowland I'm starting to doubt his abilities.

Well it's disappointing and somewhat puzzling to hear the plot is sort of a retread of the first movie. I mean after so many years to plan a solid story, just why? Well going to go see it anyway, the first movie is my favorite Pixar film ever.

Dignitary Protection course. Meets State Department requirements to get certified from them too. Should be good. Only offered like 2x a year.

And it will get me on the team at work so I may get some extra OT from it down the road. And get to meet the President or former Presidents of they roll in our way.

How long is the course?

Back