• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

I watched Charles Oliveira’s highlights

Kaiokenrye24

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
First I was thinking about how good he looks at 155
Than I noticed how many finished he had in the ufc and said wow(the way Dana does) he has some nasty striking too

Can he be a contender at least or at least stop fighting guys like Jared Gordon or Nik Lentz?

All his lowlights are against good fighters, unfortunately.

He should avenge that Cowboy loss, hopefully Cowboy is down to bang, or at least Felder.

The problem with this latest win streak is that he hasn't proven he can go 3 rounds without fading, which is his main issue. First round finishes against low level guys don't prove anything.

He wins against bad fighters (by UFC elite standards ofc) and loses against the good ones.

Cowboy would beat him again as would Felder.
I'm not too sure about that. Cerrone isn't getting any better, especially after being finished in his last two fights, and Olivera's striking looks a lot better since their first fight. I think that's a good fight for him and one he should take

Put up, or shut up.

Let Oliveira face Kevin Lee or Edson Barboza next.

Last edited:
He's a solid young prospect, kid just needs some more experience. 2-3 more fights & he may be ready for a top 25 opponent. Lauzon makes sense as a solid step up in competition next.

He's a solid young prospect, kid just needs some more experience. 2-3 more fights & he may be ready for a top 25 opponent. Lauzon makes sense as a solid step up in competition next.
Didn't he fight Pettis for a shot at the strap a few years back... pretty sure gatekeeper has replaced prospect about that time...

I'm not too sure about that. Cerrone isn't getting any better, especially after being finished in his last two fights, and Olivera's striking looks a lot better since their first fight. I think that's a good fight for him and one he should take

Classic Cerrone fighting elite fighters and Oliveira fighting mediocre fighters so he's getting overrated.

Cerro e would of looked like a world beater against those guys and Oliveira would of been killed by Gaethje.

Best sub guy in the company. The next one in line is a guy with more fights who struggles to pull off a basic RNC.

I am. So is the UFC. Hence the matchmaking.

Passive aggressive thread is passive aggressive. Hey, there was a time when people would have mocked you for thinking RDA could be a champ.

Look at what Da Bronx has accomplished, before age 30 - UFC submission leader. Also look at the row of killers he fought, clearly before he was ready. He wasn't given the Sage treatment.

He looks much better at 55, he has a good streak going. So, we'll see. Always a fan, though.

Hes one of those guys that looks really really good against sub par fighters but chokes and folds against top competition. Also has no heart and quits quite easily

Hey, there was a time when people would have mocked you for thinking RDA could be a champ
Is this THE HelloJapan05?
tenor.gif

Back