• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

I miss Mousasi: At his peak he was probably the best MW ever

f1653cfc5442a4b142d57dbc21cf2f51.gif

I've been a fan of Mousasi ever since he KO'd Jacare with that upkick in the DREAM grand prix, but I don't think he was or he'll ever be the best MW ever. He was in his physical prime when he joined the UFC and legit lost to Machida and Jacare. I think he might be champ, if he got a title shot against Bisping, but he won't have the same level of title defense as Anderson or Izzy

I've been a fan of Mousasi ever since he KO'd Jacare with that upkick in the DREAM grand prix, but I don't think he was or he'll ever be the best MW ever. He was in his physical prime when he joined the UFC and legit lost to Machida and Jacare. I think he might be champ, if he got a title shot against Bisping, but he won't have the same level of title defense as Anderson or Izzy
Came in to say this.

He definitely wasn't at his best against Lyoto after 2 torn ACL's and 1 year layoff. He was injured against Jacare too

He lacked strength, but his technique and talent was unrivalled. If he accepted the offer ufc wanted to give him and continued in the ufc, now he would probably be considered by most as the MW GOAT.
The 31 year old mousasi who embarrassed weidman along with the rockhold who won UFC title are the only 2 versions of 185 who" could" possibly beat prime Anderson (31- 36.... what a run).

Back