I don’t understand Mexican baked goods.

do-it-star-wars.gif
iu

I believe TS started it.

Jesus christ. I just looked up a decent American styled bakery that I used to go to as a teenager. The price of one slice of chocolate cake is 9.50 on ubereats.
That is more of a recent problem I think though. American bakeries have been dying for at least the past decade.

Oh yea there is this Korean French bakery chain. Have you tried it yet?
The largest Korean bakery chain is Paris Baguette. No it's not from Paris. The founder is from Korea and trained in the U.S. His family was also already in the business though. I was in Korea last month and there was a Paris Baguette all over the place. I had no idea it was originally from Korea before that since I've been there many times in the Bay Area. It's similar to the Taiwanese chain 85C Bakery. I still remember when they only had a store in Irvine and now there all over the country.

The largest Korean bakery chain is Paris Baguette. No it's not from Paris. The founder is from Korea and trained in the U.S. His family was also already in the business though. I was in Korea last month and there was a Paris Baguette all over the place. I had no idea it was originally from Korea before that since I've been there many times in the Bay Area. It's similar to the Taiwanese chain 85C Bakery. I still remember when they only had a store in Irvine and now there all over the country.
I never had 85C but I am assuming it's like higher end Asian/French hybrid bakery like PB. That is the chain I was referring to. I like trolling my ex GF with it because she is French. I would ask her to try the authentic French flavor of matcha and red bean. I knew it was Korean because every one I went to had Korean staff. It can't be a coincidence. Also they have Korean writing on the labels.

I never had 85C but I am assuming it's like higher end Asian/French hybrid bakery like PB. That is the chain I was referring to. I like trolling my ex GF with it because she is French. I would ask her to try the authentic French flavor of matcha and red bean. I knew it was Korean because every one I went to had Korean staff. It can't be a coincidence.
Haha nice! If I had to choose between the two I like 85C a little better. It honestly depends on the store though and what's in stock at the time. The coffee and latte at PB in Korea was really good though. I could actually drink the coffee black (with a pastry) because it didn't have an intense bitter aftertaste. We ate at PB a handful of times for breakfast since there was one a block away from our hotel and most breakfast spots are all closed in the morning for some odd reason. We even ate at McDonalds for breakfast twice because no place else was open until 10am.

I only entered this thread to say churros are amazing.

It's a little drier than most, but they're pretty solid eating when you have a coffee/milk to dip them in.

Also doesn't help that anything you buy after 10am is pretty much guaranteed to be stale and probably covered in other people's germs.

I'd still consider them to be B-tier baked goods though. Decent bulk calories but not something to get excited over.

Mexican bread or pan dulce is crap. You're supposed to dunk it in your hot chocolate or coffee.

Asian Bakery has wide variety. They are usually some sort of French hybrid, real ethnic tradition stuff or some other new gimmicky fusion.

French bakery has variety too. There is American bakers who studied French styled of baking, North Africans and authentic French owners.
Mexican baked goods are influenced by the time the french were in mexico a lot of mexican foods are the indigenous cuisine mixed with european influence like the Mexican beer for example is influenced by Austria. Bolillos are also influenced by the french.

licensed-image

It's a little drier than most, but they're pretty solid eating when you have a coffee/milk to dip them in.

Also doesn't help that anything you buy after 10am is pretty much guaranteed to be stale and probably covered in other people's germs.

I'd still consider them to be B-tier baked goods though. Decent bulk calories but not something to get excited over.
This assessment is quite fair.

Back