I bought my first instructional

biscuitsbrah

Amateur Fighter
@Gold
Reaction score
I’m an mma fighter who recently started doing a lot of grappling (from 6 sessions a week to 9)
And I’ve been watching some grappling YouTube channels for the first time, mostly B-team and less impressed more involved.

Honestly I’m not the type to buy an instructional or anything like that, but when I saw that the less impressed creator put out one for half guard passing I couldn’t say no. I was really enjoying his YouTube videos so I said fuck it and dropped the $97. I’m not sure how it compares to actual high level pros like Gordon and danaher and stuff, but I enjoyed it. It’s about six 10 minute videos.

Anyways I just wanted to share that. It does seem like pretty basic information but it was something I definitely benefitted from.
For reference I’m a blue belt but I’ve been grappling for 10 years so I would say I’m probably closer to a purple belt in no gi

Last edited:
Not sure about the instructional I haven’t spent any but I got back into grappling in the middle of last year and really like the less impressed more involved videos been watching a lot of them this week seems like the new BJJscout, not sure if that person is still around

Not sure about the instructional I haven’t spent any but I got back into grappling in the middle of last year and really like the less impressed more involved videos been watching a lot of them this week seems like the new BJJscout, not sure if that person is still around
Yeah he is basically. Really good stuff right

Yeah he is basically. Really good stuff right
Yup I love the combination of instructional techniques being presented and then combined with competition adjustments and tactical breakdowns for how it gets practically implemented

I’ve bought three instructionals on bjj fanatics. Bernardo’s no gi passing which was free during Covid and well made. The second was amaury biettis passing which sadly was awful haha it is in Portuguese and the translation isn’t correct on a bunch of words. The last one I bought was Lachlans body lock passing and it is excellent. It is truly worth the money and very well laid out. But lately there’s a 10th planet guy on YouTube, I think Brandon something who has really good videos too that are better than most instructionals

I’m an mma fighter who recently started doing a lot of grappling (from 6 sessions a week to 9)
And I’ve been watching some grappling YouTube channels for the first time, mostly B-team and less impressed more involved.

Honestly I’m not the type to buy an instructional or anything like that, but when I saw that the less impressed creator put out one for half guard passing I couldn’t say no. I was really enjoying his YouTube videos so I said fuck it and dropped the $97. I’m not sure how it compares to actual high level pros like Gordon and danaher and stuff, but I enjoyed it. It’s about six 10 minute videos.

Anyways I just wanted to share that. It does seem like pretty basic information but it was something I definitely benefitted from.
For reference I’m a blue belt but I’ve been grappling for 10 years so I would say I’m probably closer to a purple belt in no gi
First of all.. you've been grappling for 10 years - 6 days a week and only a blue belt? What the crap bro! Lol Sandbagger!! I bet you give black belts a fit

I’ve bought three instructionals on bjj fanatics. Bernardo’s no gi passing which was free during Covid and well made. The second was amaury biettis passing which sadly was awful haha it is in Portuguese and the translation isn’t correct on a bunch of words. The last one I bought was Lachlans body lock passing and it is excellent. It is truly worth the money and very well laid out. But lately there’s a 10th planet guy on YouTube, I think Brandon something who has really good videos too that are better than most instructionals

B-Mac! Brandon Maccaghren

He has a ton of great free content on youtube.

First of all.. you've been grappling for 10 years - 6 days a week and only a blue belt? What the crap bro! Lol Sandbagger!! I bet you give black belts a fit
No I haven’t always grappled that much. It varies over the years. Sometimes I’m injured and can only strike, sometimes I’m focusing on striking, etc. Ive only done no gi for the past couple of years too so I don’t see myself going past blue for a long time

I have 40 Instructionals. I think Bernardo Faria has me on speed dial.

Hello, my name is fishNjits, and I'm an instructional addict.

When the pandemic started, they were giving away free instructionals on the Fanatics websites. I ended up getting the one that I think is the best by far (Jimmy Pedro Grip Like A Champion 2.0) for free. I bought a couple afterward (when they were on sale) just to support them. Overall, I basically paid for the Jimmy Pedro one. For judo, I think that is a must.

I'm a fan of Lachlan's stuff. His teaching style is very easy to follow and the way he explains stuff just makes sense to me. Plus it's legit, no filler bs in his vids.

I think Lach's submeta platform is a way better model for the end user than fanatics.

Plus he actually posts here now and then.

Back