How would the 125 lb UFC & boxing champion do against a 600 lb sumo wrestler?

No, because i'd expect the training methods of NFL and top international level rugby teams are far more professional and advanced than an old culture/tradition based niche sport in East Asia lol. A 260lb defensive end or rugby prop is most likely stronger than a 400lb sumo on average.

Now gee, I wonder who could take/deliver a punch better between football/rugby players (two of the biggest concussion causing sports out there) or a fucking 400lb blubbery Japanese sumo wrestler...

And uhhh...

I see you are a rugby fan. Cool, but you don't show me nothing with a HL of rugby fights lol

If we are talking about who can deliver a better punch, I agree there are plenty of rugby/football players who can strike better than Sumo wrestlers

But you were saying they would outwrestle a sumo wrestler just because they train tackles and that's extremely stupid and illiterate.
And no, they don't have more strenght man, they have much more athletic ability but not strenght, they are definitely not overpowering a sumo wrestler from the clinch, not pushing him off, nor technically outwrestling them, not even close

No, because i'd expect the training methods of NFL and top international level rugby teams are far more professional and advanced than an old culture/tradition based niche sport in East Asia lol. A 260lb defensive end or rugby prop is most likely stronger than a 400lb sumo on average.

Now gee, I wonder who could take/deliver a punch better between football/rugby players (two of the biggest concussion causing sports out there) or a fucking 400lb blubbery Japanese sumo wrestler...

And uhhh...

By the way, I don't know much about rugby but the Japanese national team actually did pretty good recently in an important tournament, didn't they? Like they reach the finals or something like that.

Go tell the biggest an strongest player in the team that he could outwrestle the Yokozuna lol, he would laugh his ass off c'mon

By the way, I don't know much about rugby but the Japanese national team actually did pretty good recently in an important tournament, didn't they? Like they reach the finals or something like that.

Go tell the biggest an strongest player in the team that he could outwrestle the Yokozuna lol, he would laugh his ass off c'mon
yes, the japanese rugby team has done well in the last two Rugby World Cups, winning 3 out of 4 matches in the first round in 2015 but barely missed progressing to the next round. in 2019 they hosted the tournament and won all of their 4 pool matches, but lost to the eventual tournament winner South Africa in their first knockout stages match.

and as a big fan of sumo, i think people don't understand the kind of punishment they take in the sport or the endurance they have. watch some sumo training and you'll see how brutal it is. or look at the guys with sumo experience who have competed in mma and notice that they often go the distance in their fights.

i love sumo, but it's not a great base for success in mma. that being said, it is good for controlling an opponent, and a 125 pound fighter would definitely be beatable. a 600 pound sumo wrestler, though, would probably have a tougher time than an average-sized sumo wrestler.

Back