How high do I hang my heavy bag?

vjvj

Mr. Pibb + Red Vines = Crazy Delicious
@purple
Reaction score
I'm going to be hanging a heavy bag at home and was wondering what the optimal height would be.

I'm primarily interested in working head/body punches. Kicks would be nice, but I figure I'll get a banana bag when I really start working kicks. I'd also like for the bag to swing around a bit when I hit it; not all over the place, but enough to make me move around and work my footwork.

Anyone have any input? I tried posting in G & E with no luck.

Ummm mines a little low, but thats because the tree branch its hanging from is sagging. Idealy I would say (if you can) from the bottom of thigh up so you can work on your leg kicks and still have plenty of head room, unless its to short. If it is I would hang it to where you can throw head punches and then work with what ever kicks you can from there.

bout the same height as you I suppose,, maybe a little lower if you want

you want the top of the bag to be a little above your head and the bottom to be above your knee. you don't strike over your opponents head andways, and you dont kick below his knee.

Fight_Song said:
you want the top of the bag to be a little above your head and the bottom to be above your knee. you don't strike over your opponents head andways, and you dont kick below his knee.

Sounds good. Thanks man!

use one of those heavy nylon ratchet straps used to tighten things down on truck beds and such.... you can ratchet the bag to whatever height you want.

All you need is a speed bag hanging at testicle height.

Back