How do you rank the main 3 WEC Lightweights?

Pettis meh
None of those other two were on a Wheaties box..

81bOnTbGn6L._AC_SL1402_.jpg

Has to be Pettis, Benson then Cowboy. All brilliant fighters and I miss the WEC.

I never would have predicted Benson winning the UFC lightweight title first, and Pettis losing to Guida in that upset.

Has to be Pettis, Benson then Cowboy. All brilliant fighters and I miss the WEC.

I never would have predicted Benson winning the UFC lightweight title first, and Pettis losing to Guida in that upset.

I though Pettis won the guida fight. He was more aggressive beat him up from the bottom and went for many submissions.

I may remember it wrong as it’s been a while since I’ve seen it.

it was kind of similar to mousassi beating up king mo off his back. But they gave the fight to the guy on top as they don’t know what they’re watching.

1. Benson - 3 title defenses

2. Pettis - 1 title defense

3. Cowboy - 0 title wins

Pettis
Benson/Cowboy tied 2nd

Cowboy may not have won the belt but id argue the 2nd half of his career has been alot better/more decorated then Benson

Weird that i never realized theyve each fought eachother multiple times too. Neat. WEC GOAT promotion

Pettis
Benson/Cowboy tied 2nd

Cowboy may not have won the belt but id argue the 2nd half of his career has been alot better/more decorated then Benson

Weird that i never realized theyve each fought eachother multiple times too. Neat. WEC GOAT promotion
The second half of benson’s career makes this whole discussion close otherwise I’d say he was #1

Pettis beat both of them, but I would rank last.

One of the hardest group to rank in MMA history, imo.

Bendo
Cerrone
Pettis

An even harder question would be to rank the careers of all the wec legends. Then you have to include Faber, Cruz, Aldo, Condit, Nick, etc. Long live the WEC.

Bendo is obviously 0-2 against Pettis, but you can argue that he has better wins overall. It's like Cain and JDS, Cain may have won the trilogy, but Junior has better wins. Cow-Boy is clearly third though.
I'm not mad at anyone interchanging Bendo with Pettis, but Ant stayed in the big leagues, hasn't stopped fighting killers and strangled Chiesa, KO'd Wonderboy (what Woodley couldn't pull off in 10 rounds) along the way. That edges him out for me.

Very competent argument, if he sucks, then what about the guys that can't win against him in two attempts?
Benson is carrying an organization and Cowboy is the #2 draw. Pettis headlines prelims for fight nights.

Back