• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

How did you score Round 1 of Dustin Poirier vs. Conor McGregor 3?

How did you score Round 1 of Dustin Poirier vs. Conor McGregor 3?

• Total voters

JayPettryMMA

Danger Zone Aficionado
Staff member
Forum Administrator
Reaction score
Simple question. The official Sherdog scorers did not hand in their tallies because the fight was over as soon as we saw McGregor's ankle give way. As the official Sherdog Play-by-Play guy, I would have scored the round 10-8 to Poirier, and I'm not sure how my two editor colleagues scored it in our panel.

Of the three cageside judges, Derek Cleary and Junichiro Kamijo scored R1 10-8 for Poirier, and Sal D'Amato scored R1 10-9 for Poirier.
dustin-poirier-conor-mcgregor-ufc-264-scorecard.jpg

What say you? Was the first round of Poirier-McGregor 3 a 10-8 round?

Considering how McGregor went down at the end of the round and looked like he was about to be stopped with Poirier smashing him as McGregor assumed the foetal position, it would be a 10-8.

But, up until that moment before he went down with injury, it would've been a 10-9. Poirier won the round clearly but McGregor was competitive enough for it to not be a 10-8.

I will note that scores are handed in without the luxury of replay (to see the sequence where McGregor went down in slow motion) or official strike totals. I saw the punch exchange and McGregor drop to the mat and was under the immediate impression Poirier scored a knockdown, and didn't learn until well after the round was over that it was the shin snapping. Hence my 10-8, after the heavy elbows Poirier was landing and that Herb Dean was coming close to stepping in a few times.

Simple question. The official Sherdog scorers did not hand in their tallies because the fight was over as soon as we saw McGregor's ankle give way. As the official Sherdog Play-by-Play guy, I would have scored the round 10-8 to Poirier, and I'm not sure how my two editor colleagues scored it in our panel.

Of the three cageside judges, Derek Cleary and Junichiro Kamijo scored R1 10-8 for Poirier, and Sal D'Amato scored R1 10-9 for Poirier.
View attachment 866869

What say you? Was the first round of Poirier-McGregor 3 a 10-8 round?
The stats were 36-27
No positioning beyond gaurd
No drops or Knockdowns.

10-8 is a legitimate impossible score.
Keep the names of those on the polls to ignore later on any scoring criteria.

10-9. Conor landed very good kicks.

He got rocked but was still there.

If you count the leg break as a credit to Dustin then sure ... 10-8.

But if you dont give Dustin credit for that ... then i dont see a 10-8. It wasn't one sided.

It was a comeptitve round for half of it and then ome guy dominated the second half of it.

Clear winner for the round but not total domination.

I

I think Dustin actually broke conors foot when Conor did the teep kick and Dustin blocked it. This was the last 10 seconds of the round. And he checked his leg kick earlier in the round. Conman is done

10-9. I didn’t consider the leg snapping a knockdown.

Back