Hip hop still going on strong these days

Most of the best rappers are dead but nah rap is still decent these days just gotta find it

I guess I wanted to relate to it when I was a teenager but then I grew up lol. I just don't understand the allure for some white kid from the suburbs listening to songs about slanging rocks, gangbanging, pimpin women, getting profiled based off the color of your skin, etc when they don't understand that kind of life. And I grew up poor in a broken household.

I agree with you.

Music is life and a life without music is unthinkable to me.

With that said, one can not turn a blind eye to the impact that certain branches of music have on easily influenced young people and then to a very high degree young boys.

In the country I live in, it has been found that rap music has an extremely bad effect on young boys and specifically those who do not have parents born in my country.

Since 2015, fatal shootings have skyrocketed, and in 2022 we have shootings every day. Almost all are related to individuals involved in gang fights. In these gangs, they are at least one who is doing rap and with exposure on Spotify, so this guy reaches out to other young guys in all major cities.
https://www.aftonbladet.se/nyheter/a/1OlQBW/en-skjutning-per-dag-i-sverige-under-en-vecka

A few months ago, one of these rappers from Somalia received a prison sentence for kidnapping, torture and murder. A strange phenomenon in these individuals is that they film everything with their phones and unfortunately for this particular rapper, the police got their proof via a hacked phone. Further in the evidence, they could also find an AK47 for one of the murders when this weapon participated in one of his rap videos.
https://www.aftonbladet.se/nyheter/a/JEbrOJ/rapparna-yasin-och-haval-doms-till-fangelse

WsRR1Rx.jpg

Yasin (Somalia) the rapper and Chhab (Syria) the leader of Vårbynetwork

And the country I live in is Sweden. Those of you who do not know much about my country, I can say that the change that has taken place here is utterly insane. My neighbors, Norway, Denmark and Finland, do not have these problems that we have. Sweden was for a long time associated with almost paradise in the wide world.

In England, a type of rap ban has been made and it will soon come the time when the police can review and approve rap material. Unfortunately, rap music in Sweden is associated with glorification of antisocial behavior. No matter who you ask, it does not matter if the question is about gangster rap.
https://www.tellerreport.com/life/2...irst-rap-ban--has-saved-lives.S1eFL4MQuc.html

In the end, it is rap artists who do not sing about weapons, murder, robbery, drugs, rape, police hatred and contempt for their host country Sweden who have to suffer for it.

That was terrible..I wish we could ignores ppls movie or music tastes.You are pretty okay besides that

OG, nineteen fucken 77, rappers delight is better than anything I heard yet in this thread

Yeah I have heard that a thousand times.
My mither used to rock that when I was a kid sir.

Hey looks it's @Oregonmma next show hehe

lol @ OJ da Juiceman, haven't heard that name in years

I still miss that real hip hop.

GOAT era. Every now and then a fun rap song comes out but overall hip-hop takes itself way too seriously nowadays. The genre is best when it is fun ffs, why is American music so fun-averse lately?

Back