• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Hip-Hop music

Status
Not open for further replies.

romanicko

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Lets be honest here , Hip-Hop has turned into utter shit!!!But we have to make the best of the scarce variety we have left

With that said what are you currently listening to?
I've got Ace hood-starvation 3 on along with all the Bonethugs-n-Harmony on repeat,along with most of The Games stuff,also squeeze Meek Mill here and there into some of the playlists

ab-soul, action bronson, j cole, jeezy, rittz and yelawolf have been my go to listens to lately

So you say hip hop has gone to shit, but then you tell us you listen to Ace Hood and meek mill?

lol what a can thread. Hip-Hop is doing awesome right now. You just need to listen to more. Look at the can examples you gave.

Agree 100% with jukebox, also the Game sucks.

Been listening to a lot of Earl Sweatshirt, Milo, Black Milk and Run the Jewels lately.

You mention how hip hop sucks and u say u listen to the game and meek mill

2Pac, Biggie, Snoop, Dre, Eminem, Nas. Rappers like that are where it's at.

stop with the whole hip hop is shit. mainstream hip hop is only the tip of the iceberg of the whole genre. You can't say the whole thing sucks, then cite drake and lil wayne as your reasons why. Hip hop is on the up and up lyrically at least right now.

As for the music I am bumping its: Moment of truth by gangstarr, Joey Bada$$ summer nights, Earl sweatshirt's Doris, Muddy Waters by redman, xxx by Danny brown, and Liquid Swords by the Gza

So you say hip hop has gone to shit, but then you tell us you listen to Ace Hood and meek mill?

Kevin-Garnett-Reaction-at-2013-Dunk-Contest.gif

Mayberry hip-hop threads are doomed to fail

My general and basic road-rotation usually includes Mos Def and Talib Kweli are Black Star, Common's Can I Borrow a Dollar?/B.E., Clipse's Lord Willin', Jay Z's Reasonable Doubt, Big's Ready to Die, and some Mystikal tracks that aren't skitty or too chorusy for nostalgi
Killer Mike's R.A.P. Music and Schoolboy Q's Habits and Contradictions made it on the list last year too.

I gave the aforementioned Doris a shot, but I couldn't get into it. I've never really been a huge Odd Future fan. There were a couple tracks I dug though.

Wiz, pusha t, asap mob, Kendrick, jeezy, juicy j, schoolboy q

Mainly listen to xm satellite

My general and basic road-rotation usually includes Mos Def and Talib Kweli are Black Star, Common's Can I Borrow a Dollar?/B.E., Clipse's Lord Willin', Jay Z's Reasonable Doubt, Big's Ready to Die, and some Mystikal tracks that aren't skitty or too chorusy for nostalgi
Killer Mike's R.A.P. Music and Schoolboy Q's Habits and Contradictions made it on the list last year too.

I gave the aforementioned Doris a shot, but I couldn't get into it. I've never really been a huge Odd Future fan. There were a couple tracks I dug though.

Good post. Btw have you heard Run the Jewels yet? It's Killer Mikes and El-P's new album came out last year. Great chemistry just like on R.A.P. Music and Cancer 4 Cure.

ace hood?? wtf. i donno how you're gonna act like a hiphophead and then the first artist you cite is ace hood..

^ Fuck ya been listening to those last two, a lot as well. My man Kadafi.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back