Has anyone else received the gold star yet? I did....

Guaranteed you bought a return gi and they're hoping you won't say anything.

Yes sir, that's exactly what I thought the very second I saw the bag. I was like, "oohh noo I'm now in the shoyoroll limbo".

Yes sir, that's exactly what I thought the very second I saw the bag. I was like, "oohh noo I'm now in the shoyoroll limbo".

I think it was you that was saying they had some left, right? and was on the fence about buying one? Usually those are the returns and exchanges.

I think it was you that was saying they had some left, right? and was on the fence about buying one? Usually those are the returns and exchanges.

Yea, it was :\

I was totally on the fence about it because of this and the fact that others had seemingly more issues on this one than other batches. However, if you want to sell the rejects that fine you should just state it and lower the price. If I pay the same price as everyone else it should be the same exact quality anything else is bad business practice.

BTW nice review bjjprofessor

Wow, that's Fing deplorable. And I'm not one to come out and say stuff like that.

Look, I can deal with faulty kimonos. With Ok! Kimonos, I'm still small enough that I can hand inspect every gi. I understand that while that practice is the best, it isn't exactly scalable.

Given a long enough timeline, I'm sure every company sells a gi that has errors on it they didn't notice at first glance.

BUT, with this it's on the outside of the freaking bag! How do you knowingly send that product out? I'd be having harsh words with my manufacturer and getting money refunded for that, not sending it out to a customer (let alone two customers if one already returned it).

Contact Budo, they helped me out with my Her Honor gi.

What they have to do is contact SYR and get authorization to replace; once that is confirmed, Budo will pick up your defect item and exchange it with a new one.

I just got my defect Her Honor jacket picked up via UPS on Monday (at Budo's cost) and waiting on my replacement. Sucks to be out of a new gi for a week or two, but at least they're taking care of me.

Oh yeah, both my gi bags on my Her Honor and Goldstar were thrashed up. Almost like they were just thrown around in a dirty warehouse.

I contacted shoyoroll to let them know of the issue. Not surprisingly they were less than interested. Nothing compared to scramble. Budovideos is taking care of the situation. I'm pretty upset that they would even send it out. The bag is a "free extra" and wont be replaced. Only the jacket will be replaced. So, I guess I'll have to wait 4 more weeks for get it.

Wow, that's Fing deplorable. And I'm not one to come out and say stuff like that.

Look, I can deal with faulty kimonos. With Ok! Kimonos, I'm still small enough that I can hand inspect every gi. I understand that while that practice is the best, it isn't exactly scalable.

Given a long enough timeline, I'm sure every company sells a gi that has errors on it they didn't notice at first glance.

BUT, with this it's on the outside of the freaking bag! How do you knowingly send that product out? I'd be having harsh words with my manufacturer and getting money refunded for that, not sending it out to a customer (let alone two customers if one already returned it).

No offense Professor, but lets not be hasty. They do this with every shoyoroll batch.

I thought it was known that when you were buying some that were "left over" you were getting either:

A) a will call pickup that wasn't picked up (so they say)
B) A sizing mishap that was returned or
C) A jacked up gi that got returned.

They even said when they first started reselling them with the batch 7's and 8's that they had some that were returned for misc. reasons and were reselling.

No offense to Zomo but I was under the impression he knew that and that's why he was on the fence about it.

I did infact know that and that's why I was on the fence. I assumed the product was:

A. Returned because wrong size.
B. will call not picked up
C. Someone returned a gift

I did not think that budovideos practiced bad business by knowingly selling damaged/defective kimonos to people W/O informing them of the product issues and at full retail. That's what bjjprof probably finds shocking.

Makes sense, it is bad business practices to do that but I'm guessing they're betting on people not saying anything and just being happy they got a Shoyoroll gi.

I hope you get a new gi or your money back.

A few of my SYR gi bags have come from Budo and/or SYR dirty. The few off the top of my head were the Lew v1, Gold Star, Count, & Yin.

I apologize for speaking with such haste. I guess as a brand owner who has received an entire batch of pants whose belt loops bled onto the rest of the pants, I can't imagine sending those out to customers. I have considered selling them at a discount due to their fault, but even then I don't want sub-par quality stuff going out. But that's just me.

There's just no excuse for that sort of stuff to me. I certainly don't think Budo or SYR would ever send out a gi and think that the buyer should be grateful they got one, even if its messed up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Luminous Knight
Back