HARLEY QUINN Animated Series (Dragonlord's Recommendation; Season 4 Trailer, post #58)

Dragonlordxxxxx

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
Update: November 20, 2017

26-Episode HARLEY QUINN Animated Series Set for DC Digital Service [Updated with Official Trailer]

Yg3dOhG.jpg

DC Entertainment's stand-alone digital service has just picked up its third series. The Warner Bros. Digital Networks Group-owned platform has handed out a straight-to-series order for a Harley Quinn animated comedy.

The 26-episode half-hour project hails from Powerless trio Justin Halpern, Patrick Schumacker and Dean Lorey and is based on characters from the DC Comics universe. Harley Quinn was most recently played by Margot Robbie in the Warner Bros. feature Suicide Squad. Robbie will be asked to voice the DC platform animated series, though it's unclear if the in-demand actress will do it.

The project will also feature Poison Ivy and a cast of heroes and villains — old and new — from the DC universe. The animated series follows Harley as she breaks things off with the Joker and attempts to make it on her own as the criminal "queenpin" of Gotham City. The effort is described as an adult animated action-comedy. (Powerless, for its part, was DC Comics' first live-action half-hour comedy.)

Harley Quinn is the third series for DC's digital platform. It joins Greg Berlanti's live-action Titans series as well as the revival of former Cartoon Network animated series Young Justice. The SVOD service will launch in 2018 and arrives as Disney is also prepping its own SVOD service that will feature Marvel and Star Wars movies, among other original content including a live-action Star Wars TV show.

26-Episode 'Harley Quinn' Animated Series from 'Powerless' Trio Set for DC Digital Service

Updated with official trailer:

Here is the development art for the series. Not final, might change in the future.

harley-quinn-art.jpg

Really hope they keep the development art. I like the style, reminds me of those animated movies from the 70s and early 80s with some Fleischer thrown in.
Agreed, but I was being sarcastic about this project. Putting a lot of eggs into Harley Quinn...

where the fuck is my Martian Manhunter sci-fi noir series?

Really hope they keep the development art. I like the style, reminds me of those animated movies from the 70s and early 80s with some Fleischer thrown in.
Definitely has a little bit of a heavy metal vibe to it.

Will a Harley Quinn story line survive in modern media? I mean, come on, Joker/Harley is a fantastic example of an abusive relationship.

If you want Harley to be a strong character, then have her dump/kill Joker.

Back when IMDB had a comments section, someone pointed out a theory that Harley was created for the purpose to show that Joker isn't gay. I guess people wondered why a thin, snappy dresser (using Seinfeld terminology) had such an obsession with Batman. After all, Joker doesn't need the money.

Update: November 20, 2017

26-Episode HARLEY QUINN Animated Series Set for DC Digital Service

Yg3dOhG.jpg

DC Entertainment's stand-alone digital service has just picked up its third series. The Warner Bros. Digital Networks Group-owned platform has handed out a straight-to-series order for a Harley Quinn animated comedy.

The 26-episode half-hour project hails from Powerless trio Justin Halpern, Patrick Schumacker and Dean Lorey and is based on characters from the DC Comics universe. Harley Quinn was most recently played by Margot Robbie in the Warner Bros. feature Suicide Squad. Robbie will be asked to voice the DC platform animated series, though it's unclear if the in-demand actress will do it.

The project will also feature Poison Ivy and a cast of heroes and villains — old and new — from the DC universe. The animated series follows Harley as she breaks things off with the Joker and attempts to make it on her own as the criminal "queenpin" of Gotham City. The effort is described as an adult animated action-comedy. (Powerless, for its part, was DC Comics' first live-action half-hour comedy.)

Harley Quinn is the third series for DC's digital platform. It joins Greg Berlanti's live-action Titans series as well as the revival of former Cartoon Network animated series Young Justice. The SVOD service will launch in 2018 and arrives as Disney is also prepping its own SVOD service that will feature Marvel and Star Wars movies, among other original content including a live-action Star Wars TV show.

26-Episode 'Harley Quinn' Animated Series from 'Powerless' Trio Set for DC Digital Service
"From Powerless trio..."

Nope. I'm out. I'm way out. I'm so out that I'm on the precipice of being back in. But I'm not. Because I'm out.

░░░░░░░░░▓▓▓▓▀█░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░▄▀▓▓▄██████▄░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░▄█▄█▀░░▄░▄░█▀░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░▄▀░██▄░░▀░▀░▀▄░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░▀▄░░▀░▄█▄▄░░▄█▄░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░▀█▄▄░░▀▀▀█▀░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░█░░░░░░░░▄▀▀░▐░░░░░░░░
░░░░▄▀░░░░░░░░▐░▄▄▀░░░░░░░░░
░░▄▀░░░▐░░░░░█▄▀░▐░░░░░░░░░░
░░█░░░▐░░░░░░░░▄░█░░░░░░░░░░
░░░█▄░░▀▄░░░░▄▀▐░█░░░░░░░░░░
░░░█▐▀▀▀░▀▀▀▀░░▐░█░░░░░░░░░░
░░▐█▐▄░░▀░░░░░░▐░█▄▄░░░░░░░░
░░░▀▀░░ DC ░░░░▐▄▄▄▀░░░░░░░░░

Will a Harley Quinn story line survive in modern media? I mean, come on, Joker/Harley is a fantastic example of an abusive relationship.

If you want Harley to be a strong character, then have her dump/kill Joker.

Back when IMDB had a comments section, someone pointed out a theory that Harley was created for the purpose to show that Joker isn't gay. I guess people wondered why a thin, snappy dresser (using Seinfeld terminology) had such an obsession with Batman. After all, Joker doesn't need the money.
Well the setup of the series is that Harley "dumps" him and does her independent woman thing trying to take over Gotham's underworld. So I'd say it's pretty in line with the times.

I like the look of the concept art, hopefully that sticks. I kind of hope Robbie passes on the voice acting gig though; that Big Bang Theory chick grew on me in the Harley and Batman movie but really I just want Arleen Sorkin back.

I just puked all over myself

Definitely has a little bit of a heavy metal vibe to it.
Kevin Eastman hinted towards a Heavy Metal reboot earlier this year. Robert Rodriguez owns the movie rights to Heavy Metal now so we may see another movie eventually.

Kevin Eastman hinted towards a Heavy Metal reboot earlier this year. Robert Rodriguez owns the movie rights to Heavy Metal now so we may see another movie eventually.
Eastmans sister lived across the street from us when we were young. She was hot, I have a few signed tmnt comics too.

Last edited:
Anybody watching this? Two episodes in and this show is hilarious. Wasn't really expecting much but the R-rated show surprised me how funny and bloody it is. Best part is how funny it depicts the other Gotham and DC characters. Highly recommended, guys. This one is a winner.

Anybody watching this? Two episodes in and this show is hilarious. Wasn't really expecting much but the R-rated show surprised me how funny and bloody it is. Best part is how funny it depicts the other Gotham and DC characters. Highly recommended, guys. This one is a winner.

Not available legally in Canada afaik.
Or just no cable..

Back