• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Georges St-Pierre explains why he never fought Anderson Silva.

"I never had a contract put in front of me" is an old cop out used by many fighters over the years.

If your management asks for too much or puts too many obstacles in the way, you will never get an official contract put in front of you. Then the fighter gets to say he never officially declined, while unofficially refusing to budge.

I am not putting blame on GSP here. I have no idea if the rumor that he priced himself out by asking for 8 figures is true or not. And I never did and never will expect a fighter to move up a division to fight - that's an unreasonable expectation fans have of fighters.

I'm only saying his reasoning in this specific video is untrustworthy.

Last edited:

giphy.gif

It's ashame they never fought, too. Chael laid down the blueprint to beat AS. I wonder if GSP regrets not fighting him, and potentially being the one to beat him.
TBF Chael was juiced to the gills and is bigger than GSP even when Chael isn't juicing. and in the end Chael was subbed.

It was probably way to high risk for a safe fighter (during his championship reign) like GSP. If a bloated LW BJJ guy can make you tap to strikes, imagine what one of the GOAT strikers in MMA history would do to you, especially one who easily finishes people above his weight class in under 1 round.

"I never had a contract put in front of me" is an old cop out used by many fighters over the years.

If your management asks for too much or puts too many obstacles in the way, you will never get an official contract put in front of you. Then the fighter gets to say he never officially declined, while unofficially refusing to budge.

I'm not putting blame on GSP here. I have no idea if the rumor that he priced himself out by asking for 8 figures is true or not. And I never did and never will expect a fighter to move up a division to fight - that's an unreasonable expectation fans have of fighters.

I'm only saying his reasoning in this specific video is untrustworthy.
Thx for saying the truth

TBF Chael was juiced to the gills and is bigger than GSP even when Chael isn't juicing. and in the end Chael was subbed.

It was probably way to high risk for a safe fighter (during his championship reign) like GSP. If a bloated LW BJJ guy can make you tap to strikes, imagine what one of the GOAT strikers in MMA history would do to you, especially one who easily finishes people above his weight class in under 1 round.
No, I totally get that, but GSP has much better sub defense, and, if timed right, would be able to take AS down, assuming he doesn't get clipped from a distance.

Back