Fights to Make After DWCS: Season 7, Week 10

Siver!

Sedriques Dumbass Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Ramon Taveras vs Serhiy Sidey – Kinda the low level fairytale for Dana and the Contender Series, the early stoppage that happened after Sidey (legitimately) floored Taveras can now be run back after Kevin McDonald called it to a close too soon. Romious engaged Taveras in a wild firefight and paid the price in just 29 seconds. Let’s see if Taveras can change the outcome of his second outing against Sidey, or Sidey proves he’s Ramon’s superior.

Andre Lima vs Azat Maksum – Lima looked like a scary flyweight, and not just because his opponent ran around the cage away from him! Lima is just 24, looked every bit the part of the fierce kickboxer he was billed as, and deserves a solid challenge. If he fights 17-0 Azat Maksum (who didn’t look that great in his UFC debut, honestly), he will look a million bucks if he wins – but if loses, no harm, no foul. That’s about as high a level fight as you can get pitting two regional talents against each other.

Connor Matthews vs Manolo Zecchini – Matthews didn’t really convince me too much, but seemed an exciting enough fighter. Give him Manolo Zecchini, the 0-1 Italian who lost at UFC Paris in his UFC debut. Matthews is already on the clock, so getting this one done quickly is imperative. Let’s see how far he can go (or not go).

Marquel Mederos vs Michal Figlak – I actually think Mederos gets punished for beating a ‘Dagestani’ and gets a tough draw like Figlak in his UFC debut. His striking looked sharp, but I think his opponent tonight was a bit of a bust. This would be a super tough fight for Mederos, but also a fair challenge.

Lucas Rocha vs Aori Qileng – Aori Qileng is 3-3 in the UFC and has a massive record out of China, but clearly isn’t competing at that high of a level. When a dude enters at 17-1, I want to see how far they can go, and Aori Qileng probably stands and trades. Could be a compelling fight.

Back