International EU goes full Green Re...

jimjamjammer

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Leave it to the EU to come up with an over the top, poorly thought out plan.
To prevent "carbon leakage" the European Parliament Reached a Deal on a Carbon Border Adjustment Mechanism, CBAM for short.
An EU Carbon Border Adjustment Mechanism (CBAM) will be set up to equalise the price of carbon paid for EU products operating under the EU Emissions Trading System (ETS) and the one for imported goods. This will be achieved by obliging companies that import into the EU to purchase so-called CBAM certificates to pay the difference between the carbon price paid in the country of production and the price of carbon allowances in the EU ETS.
https://mishtalk.com/economics/eu-i...arbon-tax-scheme-inflationary-madness-sets-in

Last edited:
Sounds like protectionist tariffs to me. I'm not 100% opposed.

EU is getting deindustrialized as we speak, thanks to "no more cheap russian energy".
This might be another nail into EU manufacturing's coffin. EU will be the jungle soon.

Somewhere the US and China are laughing.
dr-evil-evil-laugh.gif

Your comment is paved with stupidity.

At least they're not slapping stock quotes on a discussion as opposed to actually discussing anything.

So carbon off set credits are bogus and don't do a thing....so this just sounds like that with extra steps

1. Nuclear
2. Natural Gas
3. Local Solar
4. Continue on Fusion and Small Modular Reactors (Fission)

If everyone did that, we would be fine. They won't, because the goal is not to save the planet.

For the record I'm all for going green, climate change etc

But it seems carbon offset credits don't work/are bullshit and this is just that with extra steps?

Leave it to the EU to come up with an over the top, poorly thought out plan.
To prevent "carbon leakage" the European Parliament Reached a Deal on a Carbon Border Adjustment Mechanism, CBAM for short.
An EU Carbon Border Adjustment Mechanism (CBAM) will be set up to equalise the price of carbon paid for EU products operating under the EU Emissions Trading System (ETS) and the one for imported goods. This will be achieved by obliging companies that import into the EU to purchase so-called CBAM certificates to pay the difference between the carbon price paid in the country of production and the price of carbon allowances in the EU ETS.
https://mishtalk.com/economics/eu-i...arbon-tax-scheme-inflationary-madness-sets-in
Meanwhile China is pumping pollution into the atmosphere like a teenage girl with a vape pen

1373402000000-A02-IN-BRIEF-SMOG-CHINA-30-1307091638_16_9.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SFB
Back