Law Election Reform Debate: ECA Reform signed into Law 12/30/22

Well, that's that. The Democrat federal election takeover is dead. Manchin confirmed that the filibuster stays. Again.

Last edited:
Vote still expected today. Kelly appears to be voting to eliminate filibuster. He was one of the on the fence votes originally but still expected to fail.

Vote still expected today. Kelly appears to be voting to eliminate filibuster. He was one of the on the fence votes originally but still expected to fail.

tester def seems like he will be voting to end filibuster as well, so just back to Manchin and Sinema.

tester and Kelly wanted to seem bipartisan, but folded to pressure. Weaklings

tester def seems like he will be voting to end filibuster as well, so just back to Manchin and Sinema.

tester and Kelly wanted to seem bipartisan, but folded to pressure. Weaklings

Yea, a few posts back, I thought there would be more than 2 because of Kelley and Tester and maybe someone who hasn’t really spoken up but seems like since it’s mainly a symbolic vote, they are going with the party. I think Schumer and Biden are mainly doing this for midterm purposes but it really puts some of their senators on the spot and could hurt them in the future.

Collins and Osoff going back and forth about Collins record on voting rights and not supporting this bill. Collins is one of the more moderate GOP members you would want to get a vote from if any were possible from the GOP side

Collins and Osoff going back and forth about Collins record on voting rights and not supporting this bill. Collins is one of the more moderate GOP members you would want to get a vote from if any were possible from the GOP side

Mentioned that exchange in the other thread, she seemed quite annoyed lol. Ossoff is a goof. She was the wrong person to attack. As you mention she is one of the most likely ones to work with people like Manchin to get any progress in a future bill in the next year.

they going all or nothing and burning all bridges

Mentioned that exchange in the other thread, she seemed quite annoyed lol. Ossoff is a goof. She was the wrong person to attack. As you mention she is one of the most likely ones to work with people like Manchin to get any progress in a future bill in the next year.

they going all or nothing and burning all bridges

He likely is someone who’s going to try to leapfrog and run for president so I’m sure most of the things he’s doing now are calculated for that. Makes sense for him too because GA isn’t an easy state for him to continually win re-election in.

So now that everyone is on record about the two democrat bills that were combined and failed to pass, this is going to mark whether the senate moves on to something else like BBB or tries to find a more bipartisan bill to get through the senate. Manchin and Collins are now drafting their own bill that covers Electoral count act reform and more protections for poll workers who are attacked or threatened. This already was happening a couple weeks back but they might put something out now that this recent vote happened. Manchin actually has a different bill with Klobuchar that was somewhat of a more tame For the People Act so he might come out co-sponsoring more than one.

Manchin, Collins leading talks on overhauling election law, protecting election officials
The Hill
Sens. Joe Manchin (D-W.Va.) and Susan Collins (R-Maine) said on Thursday that they are pushing forward with their effort to reform an 1887 election law after a more sweeping Democratic effort fell short this week.

Manchin and Collins - meeting together with a crowd of reporters in the Senate basement - said that a bipartisan group of senators is discussing overhauling the Electoral Count Act, as well additional protections for election workers including beefing up penalties for threatening poll workers.

Senate Dems' filibuster ambitions fall short
Politico
Senate Democrats failed in a Wednesday night bid to weaken the filibuster to pass elections and voting reform thanks to opposition from centrists Joe Manchin and Kyrsten Sinema.

In a 48-52 vote, the Senate rejected an effort to reinstate what's known as the "talking filibuster" that would have specifically allowed the elections legislation to pass by a simple majority vote, after a lengthy debate. Manchin (D-W.Va.) and Sinema (D-Ariz.) joined all 50 Senate Republicans to block the change.

Last edited:
We need to get rid of the fraud.

-vote on one day again, not month long voting
-show your identification when you vote
-no machines hooked up to the internet or that can be hacked

I typically like your posting man, but as someone who used to work longer than 12 hour shifts at the hospital, one day voting doesn't work. I'm sure medical personnel are just one of many groups that heavily utilize absentee ballots.

Quoted for posterity.

This tells you the Democrats quest to not have ID's to vote is a quest to cheat. Blacks don't want it. No one wants it. So, cheating has got to be the only reason to do it, as Democrats are receiving no pressure from any demographic to do it.

Good Old China Joe told us all that it's who counts the votes. We know the Democrat areas shut down the counting and then return in the middle of the night, without observers, continued the count. Magically at that time Biden has a huge jump and receives more votes than any President in history. No ID's = Democrats cheating.

This power grab attempt by the Democrats has to be unconstitutional. The State Legislatures have the power to set election laws and rules, not the U.S. Congress. This is a big overstep.

BANNON - WE KILLED THE BIDEN PRESIDENCY IN THE CRIB

-
Bannons War Room Rumble Channel - https://rumble.com/c/BannonsWarRoom
-
Bannon's War Room - Episode 1,576 – 1st Year Anniversary Of The Biden Tragedy
-
We discuss Biden's presidential decline after one year.

Our guests are: Emerald Robinson, Mike Gibbons, Dr. Peter Navarro, Boris Epshteyn

Stay ahead of the censors - Join us warroom.org/join

Aired On: 1/20/2022

Watch:

On the Web: http://www.warroom.org
On Podcast: http://warroom.ctcin.bio
On TV: PlutoTV Channel 240, Dish Channel 219, Roku, Apple TV, FireTV
or on https://AmericasVoice.news.

-

Bannon's War Room - Episode 1,577 – Economic And Political Analysis Of The Biden Collapse
-
We discuss Biden's presidential decline after one year.

Our guests are: Dr. Peter Navarro, Boris Epshteyn, Father Frank Pavone

Stay ahead of the censors - Join us warroom.org/join

Watch:

On TV: PlutoTV Channel 240, Dish Channel 219, Roku, Apple TV, FireTV
or on https://AmericasVoice.news.

-

Episode 1,578 – MTG Unplugged; March For Life; Elon Musk Lies To Nation
-
We discuss Biden’s presidential decline after one year, march for life, and transhumanism.

Our guests are: Majorie Taylor Greene, Eric Greitens, Janet Morana, Jon McNaughton, Joe Allen

Stay ahead of the censors – Join us warroom.org/join

Watch:
On TV: PlutoTV Channel 240, Dish Channel 219, Roku, Apple TV, FireTV or on https://AmericasVoice.news.

-
Follow Steve Bannon on Gettr - https://gettr.com/user/stevebannon
-
WarRoom.org - https://warroom.org/
-
FJBCoin.org - https://fjbcoin.org/
-
GETTR.com - https://gettr.com
-
Bannons War Room (rumble.com)

#FJB #MAGA

Last edited:
How anyone supports "voting" without proving who one is, is beyond me... Your vote is diminished if there isn't strict validation on votes... Maybe we jump through a few more hoops if a person doesn't have id so to ensure any tax paying adult American can vote but we have to have secure, legitimate elections...

Good god, the democrats are fucking pathetic. The tactics they are using to try and force voting changes, that the majority of people, including minorities DONT WANT, in every which way should make it clear to anyone non-partisan that they are full of shit and frauds. Especially in the shadow of the looming red wave. This is absolutely disgusting. I missed this last week, but merits posting to show those who also might of missed it, that this was their strategy.

https://spacenews.com/nasa-leasing-bill-transformed-into-voting-rights-legislation/

H.R. 5746 was introduced in October by Rep. Don Beyer (D-Va.), chair of the House Science Committee’s space subcommittee. The bill extended NASA’s authorization to enter into what are known as enhanced use leases, or EULs, of agency property to companies, government agencies, or educational institutions, for 10 years. The House passed the bill by a voice vote Dec. 8.

The Senate amended the bill, extending the EUL authorization by only three months instead of 10 years, and passed it by unanimous consent, sending it back to the House.

The Democratic leadership of the House, in an unusual move, then took the Senate-amended bill and stripped out the NASA provisions, replacing it with the text of two voting rights bills and now called the “Freedom to Vote: John R. Lewis Act.” They did so because H.R. 5746 had already passed the House and Senate, so the amended version could go directly to the Senate floor without the threat of a filibuster from Senate Republicans, who oppose the voting rights legislation.

The move effectively sacrificed the NASA portions of the bill, something that Beyer said he accepted. “Though I did not expect this outcome when I first introduced the NASA Enhanced Use Leasing Extension Act, if my legislation will help overcome the filibuster, the Senate can finally have the long-overdue debate on voting rights this country deserves,” he said in a Jan. 13 statement. “I would be honored to make this unexpected contribution to the cause of protecting our democracy.”

The House passed the bill Jan. 13 220 to 203 on strict party lines, with Democrats voting in favor of the bill and Republicans against it.

Republican members, including some who co-sponsored the original H.R. 5746, strongly criticized the decision to turn the NASA bill into a vehicle for voting rights legislation. “The majority has taken a practical, bipartisan bill and gutted it, inserting 735 pages of unrelated legislation and forcing the House to vote on it barely 12 hours after the text was released,” Rep. Frank Lucas (R-Okla.), ranking member of the House Science Committee, said in a statement. “What’s more, by stripping this NASA bill and replacing it with an attempt to impose federal control of elections, they have killed our only vehicle to extend NASA’s authority to lease out underutilized property and save taxpayer money.”

NASA’s EUL authority lapsed Dec. 31, meaning that the agency cannot enter into new leases until that authority is renewed. NASA had signed leases for 65 properties as of 2019, which provided the agency with nearly $11 million in revenue that went to support other facility improvements.

Last edited:
Good god, the democrats are fucking pathetic. The tactics they are using to try and force voting changes, that the majority of people, including minorities DONT WANT, in every which way should make it clear to anyone non-partisan that they are full of shit and frauds. Especially in the shadow of the looming red wave. This is absolutely disgusting. I missed this last week, but merits posting to show those who also might of missed it, that this was their strategy.

https://spacenews.com/nasa-leasing-bill-transformed-into-voting-rights-legislation/

H.R. 5746 was introduced in October by Rep. Don Beyer (D-Va.), chair of the House Science Committee’s space subcommittee. The bill extended NASA’s authorization to enter into what are known as enhanced use leases, or EULs, of agency property to companies, government agencies, or educational institutions, for 10 years. The House passed the bill by a voice vote Dec. 8.

The Senate amended the bill, extending the EUL authorization by only three months instead of 10 years, and passed it by unanimous consent, sending it back to the House.

The Democratic leadership of the House, in an unusual move, then took the Senate-amended bill and stripped out the NASA provisions, replacing it with the text of two voting rights bills and now called the “Freedom to Vote: John R. Lewis Act.” They did so because H.R. 5746 had already passed the House and Senate, so the amended version could go directly to the Senate floor without the threat of a filibuster from Senate Republicans, who oppose the voting rights legislation.

The move effectively sacrificed the NASA portions of the bill, something that Beyer said he accepted. “Though I did not expect this outcome when I first introduced the NASA Enhanced Use Leasing Extension Act, if my legislation will help overcome the filibuster, the Senate can finally have the long-overdue debate on voting rights this country deserves,” he said in a Jan. 13 statement. “I would be honored to make this unexpected contribution to the cause of protecting our democracy.”

The House passed the bill Jan. 13 220 to 203 on strict party lines, with Democrats voting in favor of the bill and Republicans against it.

Republican members, including some who co-sponsored the original H.R. 5746, strongly criticized the decision to turn the NASA bill into a vehicle for voting rights legislation. “The majority has taken a practical, bipartisan bill and gutted it, inserting 735 pages of unrelated legislation and forcing the House to vote on it barely 12 hours after the text was released,” Rep. Frank Lucas (R-Okla.), ranking member of the House Science Committee, said in a statement. “What’s more, by stripping this NASA bill and replacing it with an attempt to impose federal control of elections, they have killed our only vehicle to extend NASA’s authority to lease out underutilized property and save taxpayer money.”

NASA’s EUL authority lapsed Dec. 31, meaning that the agency cannot enter into new leases until that authority is renewed. NASA had signed leases for 65 properties as of 2019, which provided the agency with nearly $11 million in revenue that went to support other facility improvements.

Man that’s foul as fuck

Man that’s foul as fuck

It is weird that the democrats keep saying republicans will be the death to democracy, but here is a bipartisan bill that was good for the country, but democrats gutted it for their own gain. Similar to how a number of the republican senators during the debate Tuesday and Wednesday pointed out they were working on bipartisan legislation for some voting reform, especially the electoral vote count act and also the John Lewis bill. But because Schumer wanted to force this and ram it through, all that was put on the back burner.

They still may work on those bills, Manchin wants to as well. However, I hope the moderate republicans who were working on them say "fuck it, these people are disgusting."

I like this twitter and this is good supercut of the death to democracy hysteria, which is further dividing the country with their awful reporting and in fact helping kill democracy.

That why there was debate on the floor earlier this week. They replaced the language in a bill that was already able to move there. That why this was covered a lot this week because it wasn’t used in the past or at least not often.

That why there was debate on the floor earlier this week. They replaced the language in a bill that was already able to move there. That why this was covered a lot this week because it wasn’t used in the past or at least not often.

I am confused tho, you probably know much better than me. But the link I posted, and I checked a few other sources, they said that the tactic made it so republicans couldn't use the filibuster as it had already passed the senate and house previously. It could have been 50-50 with Harris breaking the tie, no? I know it failed 49-51, which caused then caused the filibuster debate, but the extra no was Schumer, to bring about the filibuster vote.

Back