• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Crime Donald Trump Hush Money Fraud Trial (5/30 Update: Trump Found Guilty on All 34 Felony Charges)

Every single count? No.

I think it’s possible that he gets convicted on one or more of the misdemeanors but unlikely anything else. I think it’s likely he did what he’s accused of, but Cohen as a witness hurt the prosecution to the point it’s unlikely any of the actual charges of consequence are going to be found guilty.
What part of Cohens testimony did you think hurt the prosecution?

What part of Cohens testimony did you think hurt the prosecution?
I like how he apparently doesn't even know what the case is about or what the charges are but he is able to comment confidently on how well or poorly a key witness's testimony went. ROFL troll or tool... which one is he?

I like how he apparently doesn't even know what the case is about or what the charges are but he is able to comment confidently on how well or poorly a key witness's testimony went. ROFL troll or tool... which one is he?
Robs alright in my book. With most of the information people get on this case being second or third hand, I was genuinely interested on his take here. The general public is vastly less informed than us nerds arguing about it on the internet.

I may be wrong but I thought they downleveled some of the felonies to misdemeanors. Did that not happen?
No. All 34 counts ARE misdemeanours on their own, but all get elevated to felony charges if it was in furtherance of another crime.

I believe it would be difficult for the jury to find in Trump’s favor, including the escalation to felony ....max of 4 years in jail per count, but he’ll likely get fined and more importantly identified as a felon.

Btw...from all reports, the jury liked Cohen.

The various admissions of lying
I'm pretty sure nothing new was really said though on his lies. Even the phone call the defense tried to get him on ended up having supporting evidence that it definitely could have happened. I think the defense failed to prove that he lied in court, unless I missed a key piece that showed he is lying under oath here in the trial.

The only thing that landed was his theft of 30K from the company, that may have impacted Cohen’s credibility. Still, Cohen admitted to that openly in his book “Disloyal” in 2020.
I don't think the theft really supports the defense trying to say that Cohen paid the NDA on his own out of loyalty to Trump.

I'm pretty sure nothing new was really said though on his lies. Even the phone call the defense tried to get him on ended up having supporting evidence that it definitely could have happened. I think the defense failed to prove that he lied in court, unless I missed a key piece that showed he is lying under oath here in the trial.
Not lying under oath, the lying in general.

Reactions: LMP
I don't think the theft really supports the defense trying to say that Cohen paid the NDA on his own out of loyalty to Trump.
Not at all, but it could be damaging to his credibility...I don’t believe it did much, but if you are looking for a point for the defence, I think that’s as good as it got for them.

Except that all his deceit was in service of Trump, and all his statements were corroborated by other witnesses, many of whom were loyal to Donnie.
I never said it wasn’t. He also stole from Trump and has been shown to have a current disdain.

I think reasonable doubt that he’s lying currently is reasonable.

I don’t know why I have to keep reiterating this but I also dislike Trump — I’m fairly confident that what he’s being accused of, he did. I just am not fully convinced that they will convict on all charges and that there isn’t a good chance members of the jury may not be completely beyond a reasonable doubt as to his guilt.

I never said it wasn’t. He also stole from Trump and has been shown to have a current disdain.

I think reasonable doubt that he’s lying currently is reasonable.
I think the only real place for the defense that didn't have other evidence to back up what Cohen said was that phone call. The Financials show that it was paid back to Cohen. I think for the defense, they need the jury to believe Trump didn't know anything about the NDA and payment. I think that part is a stretch.

Not at all, but it could be damaging to his credibility...I don’t believe it did much, but if you are looking for a point for the defence, I think that’s as good as it got for them.
Trump claiming he didn't sleep with Stormy, then didn't know about the payment, wasn't a good strategy imo.

I think the only real place for the defense that didn't have other evidence to back up what Cohen said was that phone call. The Financials show that it was paid back to Cohen. I think for the defense, they need the jury to believe Trump didn't know anything about the NDA and payment. I think that part is a stretch.
It was a good moment for the defence for sure, but it was nullified on cross examination very effectively IMO.

It was a good moment for the defence for sure, but it was nullified on cross examination very effectively IMO.
That clip showing Trump and the bodyguard was a big win. There is still a chance that a jury member will be a diehard Trump support and vote against a conviction regardless of if the prosecutors proved their case or not.

Robs alright in my book. With most of the information people get on this case being second or third hand, I was genuinely interested on his take here. The general public is vastly less informed than us nerds arguing about it on the internet.
I stand by my comment that he's either a troll or an utter shitwit. He goes into thread after thread making confidently phrased comments about the topic that are plainly farcical, and then claiming ignorance when it is pointed out. It's either a gimmick or he's a lazy idiot. Just my two cents.

Back