• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Crime Donald Trump Hush Money Fraud Trial (5/30 Update: Trump Found Guilty on All 34 Felony Charges)

the super nintendo guy got dubbed instead of a straight up hammer. you shouldnt get more chances when you're already on your gazillionth account. god damn. these weaponized mods really are deep state.
I got dubbs by calling someone a queer after they called me the most vulgar names.
It is what it is. It's a karate message board. I just don't test the rules now
I don't watch TV, I rather fuck with you animals

So, we're all quiet until Tuesday (Memorial Day) when closing arguments will begin.

I've heard a few reports that they are arguing over jury instructions now...so custodial work prior to the action beginning.

However, it could be monumentally important. The Defense want's the jury instructions to force the prosecution to name the associated crime (required to bump up the charge to a felony). Prosecution has argued that they don't need to name it.

IMO I think the Defense is right on this point. It seems only fair to me that they name the associated crime that the obfuscation was in furtherance of.

That said, they could simply say... take your choice: Election Interference, Tax Fraud, or hmmm, I'm forgetting another option, but yeah I agree with Team Trump on this point, and I think that since Judge Merchan has been very fair IMO he's going to see it the same way? I dunno, I'm not a lawyer.

that super guy must have ruffled some of your feathers. how ruffled are you, mr. beer?

i got carded after someone called mtg trash, which she is, and also right wingers, which is when i brought up the hair pulling slap fight jerry springer episode in congress and that was deemed offensive. then another mod double carded me after reading my pm to the original mod who carded me. didn't know mods have a yellow quota. maybe this goes up the chain and the CEO of sherdog bans me and cuts my $/post contract?

deep state mods working overtime to embezzle that sherdog money worse than michael cohen takes from trump.
Now you feel like you're at home, right? Please enjoy your stay.

So, we're all quiet until Tuesday (Memorial Day) when closing arguments will begin.

I've heard a few reports that they are arguing over jury instructions now...so custodial work prior to the action beginning.

However, it could be monumentally important. The Defense want's the jury instructions to force the prosecution to name the associated crime (required to bump up the charge to a felony). Prosecution has argued that they don't need to name it.

IMO I think the Defense is right on this point. It seems only fair to me that they name the associated crime that the obfuscation was in furtherance of.

That said, they could simply say... take your choice: Election Interference, Tax Fraud, or hmmm, I'm forgetting another option, but yeah I agree with Team Trump on this point, and I think that since Judge Merchan has been very fair IMO he's going to see it the same way? I dunno, I'm not a lawyer.
Seems like a no-brainer they’d have to name the crime. It doesn’t even have to be a crime Trump committed, just one he wanted to cover up.
Obviously, Cohen served time for making the payment that Trump reimbursed, so there’s two crimes they attempted to hide right there (illegal and excessive campaign contributions). Also, the tax fraud is in the documented evidence.
If I was on the jury I’d want it spelled out for sure, though.

Seems like a no-brainer they’d have to name the crime. It doesn’t even have to be a crime Trump committed, just one he wanted to cover up.
Obviously, Cohen served time for making the payment that Trump reimbursed, so there’s two crimes they attempted to hide right there (illegal and excessive campaign contributions). Also, the tax fraud is in the documented evidence.
If I was on the jury I’d want it spelled out for sure, though.
See the link in 44Nutman's post above. The author does a good job explaining about that.

See the link in 44Nutman's post above. The author does a good job explaining about that.
I think as a juror I’d want some guidance, even if I’m “choosing my own adventure” from an array of cover ups.

In other words, left on my own to figure it out, doubt would seem reasonable.

I think as a juror I’d want some guidance, even if I’m “choosing my own adventure” from an array of cover ups.

In other words, left on my own to figure it out, doubt would seem reasonable.
I think the prosecution closing argument out to make it fairly clear for them if the evidence up to now hasn't.

I think the prosecution closing argument out to make it fairly clear for them if the evidence up to now hasn't.
Well, yeah, that’s what I was trying to say. They should spell it out in closing. I’m not sure if it has to be called out in an instruction to the jurors or anything, but prosecutors need to do it, regardless.

Well, yeah, that’s what I was trying to say. They should spell it out in closing. I’m not sure if it has to be called out in an instruction to the jurors or anything, but prosecutors need to do it, regardless.
Sure. But I think the most significant aspect to this is being overlooked a bit. The jurors don't all have to agree on which crime was committed to unanimously find him guilty. I have little doubt the prosecution has laid out each of them and the jurors will be able to go with any one they find convincing. It makes a guilty verdict all that much more likely, obviously.

Do you think Trump did what he's accused of here?
Every single count? No.

I think it’s possible that he gets convicted on one or more of the misdemeanors but unlikely anything else. I think it’s likely he did what he’s accused of, but Cohen as a witness hurt the prosecution to the point it’s unlikely any of the actual charges of consequence are going to be found guilty.

I may be wrong but I thought they downleveled some of the felonies to misdemeanors. Did that not happen?

I may be wrong but I thought they downleveled some of the felonies to misdemeanors. Did that not happen?
There's no "may" to it.

Hard to believe this needs to be explained again ITT. People have posted numerous articles explaining the whole thing. Nothing was "downleveled", you silly git.

But just so you can't pretend again you know nothing of the case while also arguing about it...

In New York, if you falsify business records (a misdemeanor) in an attempt to conceal another crime (whether or not it's a misdemeanor or a felony), it raises the severity of the falsifying records offense to a felony. It doesn't matter one wit what crime he was trying to conceal, only that there was intent to hide it.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wat
Back