Don Frye is a G

https%3A%2F%2Fbucketeer-e05bbc84-baa3-437e-9518-adb32be77984.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fpublic%2Fimages%2Fb38a4848-3e96-4966-bd17-b9764af507bf_650x392.jpeg
r1yv7u3ovhw61.jpg
Don-Frye-vs-Yoshihiro-Takayama.jpg
Don-Frye-and-Yoshihiro-Takayama.jpg
images

Last edited:
He's the only reason I've ever been proud to be American

Don Frye is the epitome of manliness and courage.

No one is tougher than him (and Enson)
Damn, you just threw Enson up and it caught off guard. He's long been a fighter for whom I have legitimate respect, and my favorite fighter for that. Dude has had an interesting life. Lots of highs and lows, and some pretty cool experiences. The limit he took himself to against Igor, most MMA fighters never reach that point. It was probably his worst loss in a career that left him with a record over barely .500, but he took the absolute beating of a lifetime for 10 mins, couldn't even walk over to the stool when the round was over, and he didn't quit, the doctor stopped it. That resonates with me more than great records and belts. Idk.

For the sake of this being a Don Frye thread, dude got both of his knees wrecked by Ken Shamrock and still won. He gave us the greatest MMA brawl of all time against Takayama. I believe he stated he'd give Brittney Palmer a mustache ride. And he was one of the top billed actors in Godzilla: Final Wars. Dude is a real life cowboy.

Damn, you just threw Enson up and it caught off guard. He's long been a fighter for whom I have legitimate respect, and my favorite fighter for that. Dude has had an interesting life. Lots of highs and lows, and some pretty cool experiences. The limit he took himself to against Igor, most MMA fighters never reach that point. It was probably his worst loss in a career that left him with a record over barely .500, but he took the absolute beating of a lifetime for 10 mins, couldn't even walk over to the stool when the round was over, and he didn't quit, the doctor stopped it. That resonates with me more than great records and belts. Idk.

For the sake of this being a Don Frye thread, dude got both of his knees wrecked by Ken Shamrock and still won. He gave us the greatest MMA brawl of all time against Takayama. I believe he stated he'd give Brittney Palmer a mustache ride. And he was one of the top billed actors in Godzilla: Final Wars. Dude is a real life cowboy.

Enson has a really good podcast on YouTube btw, one of my real life heroes.

Don Frye is a special kind of guy that I appreciate, the last of the NHB guys who fought for peanuts because they loved it... He’s last generation of Americans who haven’t been pussified, calls things exactly as they are without a care of being PC, never worried about his brand or that silliness.

War The Don

Don Frye is a special kind of guy that I appreciate, the last of the NHB guys who fought for peanuts because they loved it... He’s last generation of Americans who haven’t been pussified, calls things exactly as they are without a care of being PC, never worried about his brand or that silliness.

War The Don

Affirmative sir.
Tough mothafucka that don't let the pussies dictate how he thinks or talks.

A man's man, and I hate that saying, but it fits him to a T.

There's is literally no one like Mr Frye, truly one of a kind. I think he's not doing too well last time I heard. The guys literally been through hell and back, that's for sure.

There's is literally no one like Mr Frye, truly one of a kind. I think he's not doing too well last time I heard. The guys literally been through hell and back, that's for sure.

Yeah I heard that too.
He's put his body through the mixer sir, and I hope he can bounce back.

Honest question: however did Frye not get damaged by Takayama? Ofc he ate a lot of leather but in the end he looked fine whereas my man Taki was badly damaged. Ofc I realize Takayama was weaker and overweight, but those were direct shots. I must be very sick to watch that every few years and somehow enjoy it.
Edit: not enjoying Takayama getting fucked up. At all. No matter the outcome, I meant I enjoyed and still enjoy their huge battle.

I'd have pissed myself and ran away, yes, ofc.

Honest question: however did Frye not get damaged by Takayama? Ofc he ate a lot of leather but in the end he looked fine whereas my man Taki was badly damaged. Ofc I realize Takayama was weaker and overweight, but those were direct shots. I must be very sick to watch that every few years and somehow enjoy it.

Frye's face was made of leather from being a man since birth sir lol.
I watch that fight all the time to remind me of better times.

You see him visiting Tak in the hospital after he got paralyzed in pro wrestling?
Pretty cool picture to be honest.

Back