• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Do you think Melendez can beat Henderson?

FTP

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I just wanted to see the consensus on whether you guys think Melendez could give Henderson his toughest test in the Octagon?

Personally, I think he's a great fighter but I'm surprised at the fact a lot of media and fans seem to put him as #1 or #2 in the LW rankings. I honestly thought that Thomson beat Melendez in his last fight and I'd say Thomson is the best person he's ever fought.

Do you think Melendez has the best chance to dethrone Henderson out of anyone LW in the world right now?

i don't know, but it would be a great fight

You guys are crazy. I'd give Bendo an edge, but CAN he win? Absolutely. He's much, much more physical than Diaz, he loves to bang, his clinch game is ridiculous, and he isn't getting bullied the way Nate did. Underestimate Gilbert Melendez at your own peril.

Sure he can win...will he?

No

After the last jt fight I really don't see how he would.

It is a great fight but I would favor Ben Henderson.

With the way Bendo performed last night... Probably not, but I'd love to see him try.

I think make Gilbert fight Eddie, the winner becomes the #1 contender. If either of them beat the other it would give them more credibility.

mabey!!! what Dana waiting for to bring him over to the UFC ? :icon_chee

Gilbert would put up a real good fight. But I thin Ben will take it with a more varied standup game, and a ground game that's far better than ok.

I think Henderson would be the favorite, but of course he COULD win.

I think make Gilbert fight Eddie, the winner becomes the #1 contender. If either of them beat the other it would give them more credibility.

gil would probably get more credit from most on here for beating clay's ass again than he would from beating alvarez, simply because clay's an established ufc guy.

i think gil's perfect for bendo's next matchup, SF's showtime contract is up about 3 and a half months from now, that's just about when benson should be ready to go again. plus they have the whole champion vs champion angle to work with.

Back