• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Do you prefer MMA over kickboxing/muay thai?

quantiqus

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
If so, why?

I am asking because many people complain in this forum section that grappling/wrestling/bjj is boring.

tumblr_n1zr0ws8tc1sn0te7o1_500.gif

hqdefault.jpg

Yes.

Mostly because there's not a lot of aggression in muay thai and kickboxing rules ban or almost ban the clinch, elbows, and knees. Also kickboxing as a whole has shit competition + athleticism and it's hard not to notice it when watching.

If there was a muay thai that didn't discriminate against punching and rewarded aggression + finishes, I'd watch the shit out of that.

Talent Level in kickboxing is pretty terrible. Makes it not as fun.

I always preferred MMA but I used to watch a good amount of kickboxing from about 2008-2012 when K-1 was still putting on solid shows and had good competition.

Now maybe I’ll catch a few matches here and there.

Talent Level in kickboxing is pretty terrible. Makes it not as fun.

This, and I prefer the one which is closest to a real fight which is MMA. So even if kickboxing had a better talent pool like boxing, I'd prefer MMA.

If so, why?

I am asking because many people complain in this forum section that grappling/wrestling/bjj is boring.

tumblr_n1zr0ws8tc1sn0te7o1_500.gif

hqdefault.jpg
Lol at this Shaun kid from that retarded YT channel. Thinks he can teach ppl when he himself be a buuum

Of course. MMA is much more interesting.

I like grappling and the threat of take downs in striking so I obviously prefer MMA.

**GOES TO MMA FORUM, PROCEEDS TO ASK EVERYONE IF THEY PREFER MMA OVER OTHER SPORTS**

Yes.

Mostly because there's not a lot of aggression in muay thai and kickboxing rules ban or almost ban the clinch, elbows, and knees. Also kickboxing as a whole has shit competition + athleticism and it's hard not to notice it when watching.

If there was a muay thai that didn't discriminate against punching and rewarded aggression + finishes, I'd watch the shit out of that.
This, and I watch pure grappling from time to time as well.

Two skilled grapplers rapidly transitioning is the closest thing to human chess you can see.

MMA over anything, best rules in combat sports history, but we need soccer kicks and stomps back

I always preferred MMA but I used to watch a good amount of kickboxing from about 2008-2012 when K-1 was still putting on solid shows and had good competition.

Now maybe I’ll catch a few matches here and there.
On march 21 K-1 is having a card better than anything they did from 2008-2012.

On march 21 K-1 is having a card better than anything they did from 2008-2012.
Good to know, thank you. I haven’t followed k-1 in a long time. Although I don’t really recognize any names on that card.

Which guys do you think I should keep an eye on?

**GOES TO MMA FORUM, PROCEEDS TO ASK EVERYONE IF THEY PREFER MMA OVER OTHER SPORTS**

Yeah, so?
Let's assume that your favorite sport is baseball. Does that mean that you cannot comment on a hockey forum?

MMA > Kickboxing/Thai

Back