News Dillon Danis Released from Bellator MMA Contract, Enters Free Agency

Kowboy On Sherdog

Once Upon a Time in The UFC
Staff member
Sherdog.com Staff
Reaction score
upload_2023-10-23_4-57-3.png

Dillon Danis is officially a free agent.

The Brazilian jiu-jitsu black belt has been released from his Bellator MMA contract. Multiple outlets confirmed the news following an initial report from Ariel Helwani.

The 30-year-old competed under the Bellator banner just twice, earning first-round submission victories on both occasions. He last competed on June 14, 2019, when he tapped out Max Humphrey with an armbar at Bellator 222. Injuries prevented Danis from fighting again within the California-based promotion.

More recently, “El Jefe” faced Logan Paul at a Misfits Boxing event on Oct. 6. Danis was disqualified at the 2:55 mark of Round 6 when he attempted a takedown and guillotine choke on his opponent.

Danis received plenty of attention at the beginning of his foray into MMA thanks in large part to his outspoken persona and his association with former UFC two-division champion Conor McGregor. Now Danis hopes to join the Irish star in the UFC.

“I want to go the UFC. I think the UFC now will see my potential in selling fights and everything like that,” Danis said in a recent interview on Piers Morgan Uncensored.

Continue Reading
https://www.sherdog.com/news/news/D...llator-MMA-Contract-Enters-Free-Agency-191473

I really don't think he'll make enough of a commitment to MMA to be relevant in that world again.

Who the hell wants to watch this keyboard champ fight

Yes he sold the fight, sure. But he can't fight

View attachment 1008020

Dillon Danis is officially a free agent.

The Brazilian jiu-jitsu black belt has been released from his Bellator MMA contract. Multiple outlets confirmed the news following an initial report from Ariel Helwani.

The 30-year-old competed under the Bellator banner just twice, earning first-round submission victories on both occasions. He last competed on June 14, 2019, when he tapped out Max Humphrey with an armbar at Bellator 222. Injuries prevented Danis from fighting again within the California-based promotion.

More recently, “El Jefe” faced Logan Paul at a Misfits Boxing event on Oct. 6. Danis was disqualified at the 2:55 mark of Round 6 when he attempted a takedown and guillotine choke on his opponent.

Danis received plenty of attention at the beginning of his foray into MMA thanks in large part to his outspoken persona and his association with former UFC two-division champion Conor McGregor. Now Danis hopes to join the Irish star in the UFC.

“I want to go the UFC. I think the UFC now will see my potential in selling fights and everything like that,” Danis said in a recent interview on Piers Morgan Uncensored.

Continue Reading
https://www.sherdog.com/news/news/D...llator-MMA-Contract-Enters-Free-Agency-191473

I hope nobody signs him so he will fade away.

Possibly Doumbe's next victim? The trash talk would be absolutely wild.
Although, I'd prefer no one signs this POS.

I'm guessing him paying 100K to Bellator to go box Logan, it also bought his release.

Danis vs Paul in PFL is def something they'd do.

Back