Media Derrick Lewis is Happier About Popeyes Contract than UFC contract

The real gem of that interview is when Ariel brings up Derrick Lewis having been in prison and coming back to where he is today.

Beast says that all those moments are what motivate him. When he comes back at the end of the fight it's from thinking of those times.

It's not really a huge slap in the face to DC. Lewis isn't from Houston. He is also from Louisiana. He was born and raised in New Orleans.

Enjoy the Popeyes, Black Beast.

It's kind of crazy. I just read some of his bio because I was unaware about the prison stuff.

He was sentenced for 5 years of prison for violating probation for an aggravated assault charge. He was released after 3.5 years. That's still a long time behind bars. I wonder what the story was behind that. Dude looks like a huge teddy bear.

He beat up a KKK member who was talking shit to him and carrying a shotgun.

mmajunkie.com/2013/02/a-run-in-with-the-kkk-eventually-led-legacy-fc-champ-derrick-lewis-to-mma

Hot balls? More like balls of steel.

He also gets a lifetime supply of free chicken.

Time stamped.

P.s Admin if this has already be posted, you can wasteland this.

Don't sponsors usually expect you to advertise for them somehow?

Derrick is stealing everything DC has worked for

I would say so, it would be in the contract I guess. Maybe he'll have to post stuff on social media or something.

This will be great for Lewis's health and dieting

ev1o7ng.gif

Love that interview. He wanted to feed his family so free chicken is like his dream come true!

I guess he will be posting about them later, who knows if he might throw the name at post fight interviews.

Isnt fried chicken what did in Kimbo?

I guess he will be posting about them later, who knows if he might throw the name at post fight interviews.

Yeah I look forward the post fight interview. "After the fight I'm having a warm KFC chicken because Popeyes don't pay me nuttin" Only to apologies later and eat Popeye's at the post fight press conference.

Dumb sponsor by Popeyes tbh, DC will beat Lewis easily

Keep in mind there’s a difference between a life time supply and an unlimited supply. Still a good sponsorship though.

Back