October PBC David Benavidez vs David Morrell

I just don’t see this fight happening now. This is a high risk, low reward fight for benevidez, and he hasn’t exactly tested himself much in his career so far, so I’m not too optimistic
I hope Im wrong and if it happens I think this is a really really good fight. Morrell is the goods as far as I’ve seen, and we all know benevidez can fight, and would have some physical advantages. Would be pulling for morrell but it may be a little too soon for him

Morrell is a beast, but does seem a little early for him. Nonetheless, this fight would be a good one and their toughest tests.

He has tremendous potential but this is a bit early for Morrell. Not sure about why they’d be making this move.
I think hes really got the goods, but yikes. If this goes badly you really just put your up and coming prospect through a massive setback in his career lol.

Then again, if he pulls it off the kid gets to run the table for potential opponents and paydays.

I think hes really got the goods, but yikes. If this goes badly you really just put your up and coming prospect through a massive setback in his career lol.

Then again, if he pulls it off the kid gets to run the table for potential opponents and paydays.

Other prospects like Andrade and Crawford could take notes.

the combined record of his 6 opponents is like 105-17. that's pretty impressive, to be honest. benavidez's first 6 were were 1-7, with 3 making their debut. morrell clearly isn't just a regular 6-0 guy.

not to mention he actually holds a belt at 168. how is that nothing to gain?

If Benavide actually fights Morrell Ive got Morrell winning. Styles make fights

On one hand its too early, but on the other my hat is off to a guy willing to risk it for greatness. Its refreshing.

The thing is, Benavidez wouldn’t beat him by boxing his ears off. He’d put a hurting on the guy, which wouldn’t sound too good for his future. On the other hand Morrell can move and find angles. This could be a major issue for Benavidez if he can do it for 10 or 12 rounds.

Imagine Morrell’s bandwagon if he pulls this.

the combined record of his 6 opponents is like 105-17. that's pretty impressive, to be honest. benavidez's first 6 were were 1-7, with 3 making their debut. morrell clearly isn't just a regular 6-0 guy.

not to mention he actually holds a belt at 168. how is that nothing to gain?

Because at the end of the day he is still a 6-0 fighter, and historically I bet nobody of David's experience has ever fought a 6-0 fighter. If he smashes him what do you think everyone would say? And if he struggled with him? Its a terrible fight to make for really both of them. I really think Benavidez's management will be too smart to waste time with Morrell. Next fights have to be Charlo and Plant. The pressure on them will be huge now which is good.

Because at the end of the day he is still a 6-0 fighter, and historically I bet nobody of David's experience has ever fought a 6-0 fighter. If he smashes him what do you think everyone would say? And if he struggled with him? Its a terrible fight to make for really both of them. I really think Benavidez's management will be too smart to waste time with Morrell. Next fights have to be Charlo and Plant. The pressure on them will be huge now which is good.
so basically your argument is to ignore everything i've said. at least you're consistent?

as for historically no one fighting a 6-0 fighter, you should take a look at the professional boxing record of one vasyl lomachenko.

so basically your argument is to ignore everything i've said. at least you're consistent?

Your metric is close to worthless. You can fight 20--0 fighters who are total bums who just beat club fighters. At the end of the say Morrell is still a 6-0 fighter.

as for historically no one fighting a 6-0 fighter, you should take a look at the professional boxing record of one vasyl lomachenko.

What world champions on Davids level did he fight early in his career? I saw he fought some decent fighters who were never world champions.

Again answer my question. What do you think everyone would say if Benavidez whooped a 6-0 fighter? Would be really get any credit?

Your metric is close to worthless. You can fight 20--0 fighters who are total bums who just beat club fighters. At the end of the say Morrell is still a 6-0 fighter.

What world champions on Davids level did he fight early in his career? I saw he fought some decent fighters who were never world champions.

Again answer my question. What do you think everyone would say if Benavidez whooped a 6-0 fighter? Would be really get any credit?
Id give him more credit for beating Morrell than Lemi to be honest.

Would be a great fight. Would like to see Morrell get a few more fights in but you guys are right, he isn't your usual 6-0 fighter. He was an awesome amateur with a record of 130-2 supposedly on Wikipedia. I'd give a slight edge to Benavidez since he's been in the pro game for awhile but this would be a top 3 win for him if he can do it. Both are super young so I see this fight happening one day if all goes well.

Morrell is actually scheduled to fight 15-1-1 Kalvin Henderson on the Fulton vs Roman card in 2 weeks. Excited to see him in there again.

I'm putting $100 on Morrell. Do I think he could do it? ...Not really, but it would be a great upset. This is a high risk fight for Benavidez though. Don't think it'll happen tbh

right, you can fight a bunch of cans, which benavidez did, at the start of his career. or you can fight a bunch of experienced guys and win a world title, like morrell did.

GRJ in his third pro fight.

they would give him more credit for beating morrell than his last few fights, or at least they should. morrell is far better than lemieux, and a current world champion.

you put a lot of stock in benavidez's won (and lost, lol) titles, but somehow morrell's title means nothing and he's just an inexperienced nobody. and for the record, i expect benavidez to win if they actually fight, but he'd be facing a live body and i love how much that makes you squirm.

right, you can fight a bunch of cans, which benavidez did, at the start of his career. or you can fight a bunch of experienced guys and win a world title, like morrell did

Cool. I am pretty sure we were comparing Benavidez of today to Morrel of today not their first 6 fights.

GRJ in his third pro fight.

GRJ was not a current or fomer WC when they fought. Nice try. David is a double wc.

they would give him more credit for beating morrell than his last few fights, or at least they should. morrell is far better than lemieux, and a current world champion.

You really think he would get so much credit for beating a 6-0 fighter? I don't think he would or even should. Morrel has not proved jack shit regardless of some interim title which means little.

Solid fight, possibly the first real test for Benavidez since Dirrell.

Back