Csac new weight classes

TMAN29

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/CS...nificant-New-WeightCutting-Regulations-121497
165,175,195, 225 classes... I love it! Good for tweeners like me lol and maybe eliminates the ultimate weight cutting championships, and bellator weight cutting.
Example being a current up and coming ufc fighter, who is a B
bud of mine. 6ft tweener 185-205 er who had to bulk up from 215 to 230. now he could fight at natural 195 and not be out sized.

Can't wait for gatekeepers to become champions and have B-tier "super figghts".

http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/CS...nificant-New-WeightCutting-Regulations-121497
165,175,195, 225 classes... I love it! Good for tweeners like me lol and maybe eliminates the ultimate weight cutting championships, and bellator weight cutting.
Example being a current up and coming ufc fighter, who is a B
bud of mine. 6ft tweener 185-205 er who had to bulk up from 215 to 230. now he could fight at natural 195 and not be out sized.

UFC is not incorporating these ridiculous weight classes. Dana already spoke out against it and luckily he knows it would dilute the sport and ruin shit so it ain't happening.

Thank fucking god.

I liked everything they passed other than the new weight classes. A new weight class every 5lbs is just too much. 5lbs is nothing and isn't doing to prevent weight cutting.

Do you think boxing added a million weight classes because they were worried about health? They just wanted more champions to promote and that's exactly why UFC signed off on it. With them being desperate for PPV buys and throwing interim titles around at will, this is a dream come true for them to be able to have a title fight on virtually every card.

UFC is not incorporating these ridiculous weight classes. Dana already spoke out against it and luckily he knows it would dilute the sport and ruin shit so it ain't happening.

Thank fucking god.
Maybe dilute is because 265 hwt is weak as shit.... same guys been good for ten yrs. It's not like all people who walk around naturally at 240-245 will cut anyways.

Just dana not doing what's best for the fighters again... as all commission's go with these rules he will have to.

More weight classes, this is fucking cancer i can't even begin to describe how dumb of an idea this is

Thank fucking god.

While I agree with you in regards to the UFC, I think it could be a good thing for smaller promotions and younger/less experienced fighters.

This commission is awesome, that 10% rule and having a doctor instead of your bro trainer that certifies you can make that weight will significantly help the sport.

Having better fights with well hydrated fighters and less weight-in drama (like Khabib, Rumble or Johny) will help the sport to grow.

It would be a shift in the divisions, and some dominant guys will have to move up. But give it a year or two to stabilize and we'll be glad they changed it.

In that environment it could be a great Idea to add some divisions by going by 10 after 155 (155 -165-175-185-195-205 and even 215 and 225) you add 4 divisions where the talent pool is more than deep enough.

More weight classes, this is fucking cancer i can't even begin to describe how dumb of an idea this is

More weight classes is shitty when you try to always go smaller and there is not talent pool

But if they go in between well established weight classes theres more just more possibilities for tweeners.

By going from 170-185-205t to 165-175--185--195-205 you have options for huge lighweights to not get smashed by huge WW if they move up

Thank fucking god.

Did he?

But then again he says a lot of shit lol

Maybe dilute is because 265 hwt is weak as shit.... same guys been good for ten yrs. It's not like all people who walk around naturally at 240-245 will cut anyways.

Just dana not doing what's best for the fighters again... as all commission's go with these rules he will have to.

No, he will not have to and he wont.

Commission has no say in what weight classes a promotion uses. Those weight classes are not gonna happen in the UFC.

Did he?

But then again he says a lot of shit lol

He did and he's right for saying it too but fair point he says a lot of random shit then changes his mind.

It's a sport breaking idea to put all those weight classes in. It's fine if you are focusing on a few of them in place of existing but you can't have the current set up then add all these other weights. It would be a horrible move.

I think he'll know better than to go this route.

He did and he's right for saying it too but fair point he says a lot of random shit then changes his mind.

It's a sport breaking idea to put all those weight classes in. It's fine if you are focusing on a few of them in place of existing but you can't have the current set up then add all these other weights. It would be a horrible move.

I think he'll know better than to go this route.

I agree, I just missed him saying that

Here is funny audio - https://clyp.it/ri01tuk5/ from Meltzer discussing DW

"According to the MMAFighting.com report, the UFC, Bellator MMA and Invicta FC all wrote letters in support of the new weight-cutting plan prior to the CSAC meeting. However, in the case of the new weight classes, it is not mandatory that any of the promotions add more divisions."

Just gonna leave this here in case anyone missed it / you all find it relevant.

Last edited:
"According to the MMAFighting.com report, the UFC, Bellator MMA and Invicta FC all wrote letters in support of the new weight-cutting plan prior to the CSAC meeting. However, in the case of the new weight classes, it is not mandatory that any of the promotions add more divisions."

Just gonna leave this here in case anyone missed it / you all find it relevant.

Thank you - good job

Thank fucking god.

Great news. We don't need a champion every 5 pounds or so.

Back