Croatian is not a race

Spain and russia as well.
i know, and spain are mostly maure, maure are mostly african
russian are mostly slavic, slavic are mostly european, european are mostly neanderthalien plus sapien, sapiens are mostly african...well
all this discus bout origin are bullshit

Link a source to prove me wrong

You make an outrageous claim that Canadians are propping up PPV by buying a disproportionately large amount compared to the states.

That is not only stupid at face value, it has no basis in any cited source. It is common sense this isn't the case.

You Sir, are a bullshitter.

See yourself out.

You can be American and appreciate the heritage of your family. I'm American and I celebrate my latino heritage. Stipe may be a "white boy from Cleveland," but if he grew up with Croatian heritage in the household, more power to him for celebrating it.

You can be American and appreciate the heritage of your family. I'm American and I celebrate my latino heritage. Stipe may be a "white boy from Cleveland," but if he grew up with Croatian heritage in the household, more power to him for celebrating it.

CLEVELAAAAAAAAAAAND

cleveland.jpg

AAAAAAAUGHHHHHHCLEVELAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAND

How do people like me let on?
If I were to say black people generally produce the world's fastest sprinters, that's wrong. But, if I say men with Sub-Saharan African lineage usually produce the fastest sprinters, that is acceptable according to the articles I'm reading by the very genetic scientists that state race is a social construct. It's pedantic. But fine, lesson learned, I'll be more geographically specific if I ever make such a statement.

But that's the point. Now you're talking about a specific group of people who aren't their own "race." Family connections and genetic links and environmental factors influence these sorts of things, but those influences aren't restricted by boundaries of what people might term as "race." I live in Nova Scotia. A little town not far from me called Cole Harbour produces excellent athletes, and especially hockey players... but that doesn't make Cole Harbourites a "race." Cole Harbour also has some very unathletic people. And you can be a great athlete and hockey player without being from Cole Harbour. Ditto for the relationship between being a fast runner and being from Sub-Saharan Africa.

Yeah we've been told that many times in this thread — Apparently, a fat black man has more in common with a fat white man, genetically, than he does with an athletic black man. I've been athletic and thin my whole life, my brother has always struggled with obesity. Even though 50% of our DNA is identical, he has more in common genetically with Al Roker. Interesting.

The key word is CAN. A fat black man doesn't ALWAYS have more in common genetically with a fat white man than with an athletic black man. This is particularly true when family is involved. But again, that's the point. Your family isn't a "race." You might also find someone out there who looks exactly like you, has your build, skin colour, hair colour, eye colour, et cetera... and that guy wouldn't be as close to you genetically as your brother, either. And, in fact, he may not be as close to you genetically as some other random man of a different "race." Because "race" has nothing to do with it, and melanin levels don't exactly take up what would be considered a lot of space on your genetic code.

I hardly think the 30-40 IQ difference between me and those men is equivalent to the near 100 IQ point difference separating me and an exceptionally intelligent ape. Thanks for the insult though, which was your only point with that I guess.

I exaggerated a little for effect, yes. But the point, again, is that "race" doesn't come into play. The brain functioning of persons who are intellectually gifted have more in common with one another, regardless of "race," than with people of the same "race" who are less intellectually capable.

Haven't stumbled on any interesting links to sources or studies in this thread. Just browbeating, dismissive, pseudo-intellectual assholes using shitty dog breeding examples, and suggesting a crappy book possessing no scientific credibility whatsoever.

A study you might look at is Tolkien's book The Lord of the Rings. Tolkien understood what "race" was. Elves, men, orcs, dwarves, hobbits... these are examples of what it would look like if humans were different "races." They're all related. They can all interbreed. But they have very distinct differences that serve as tells distinguishing one group from another in ways that extend well beyond the variation you might find within a single particular group. It's not enough that Elves are tall and lean and Dwarves are short and stout, because there may be shorter stouter elves and taller leaner dwarves. But ALL Elves have pointier ears than ALL dwarves, ALL dwarves have heavier thicker bones than ALL Elves, and ALL hobbits have larger hairier feet than a men.

Biologically, humans are animals.

As with dogs, there are different breeds of dogs. They are similar enough to interbreed, but they are different enough that we can tell that a bulldog is different from a golden retreiver.

As with humans, there are different "races" of humans... similar enough to interbreed, but we are different enough that we can tell that an Asian is different from a Caucasian.
Under that definition English and Croatian would be different races. Which is why it's entirely arbitrary to define "race" as being different skin color and not some other difference.

Back