Could Kevin Lee die if staff infection gets to his heart?

Rockapotomuss

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Sherdog, I come to you for medical advice. I am worried that Kevin Lee could die from his staff infection if he was not taking antibiotics via IV before the fight. We know IVs are banned. I had staff before and you need to treat it quickly or it gets bad. Real bad. Look:

Kevin+Randleman+Staph+Recovery2.jpg

Now what if that happens to Lee, right over his heart?

usa_today_10334421.0.jpg

Last edited:
Kevin Lee is Randleman reincarnated. Moves up to HW now after putting on 50 lbs of solid musclemass.

You could technically die from just about any infection if it gets into your blood stream and isn't treated. I've had countless ear infections in my life, didn't mean I was at some super crazy risk of it spreading to my brain or whatever.

The bacteria getting into his bloodstream and his heart getting infected that way (or dying from septic chock) is way more likely than the infection "eating" his way straight down to his heart.

kevin is really throwing a lot of caution to the wind these days. not taking care of himself.. the staph infection and the weight.. me oh my

kevin is really throwing a lot of caution to the wind these days. not taking care of himself.. the staph infection and the weight.. me oh my
Well the staph infection probably affected his cut to a certain extent. But yea, get that shit cleared up, stop fucking around.

Had a buddy die from staph. His foot slipped off the peg on his dirt bike while jumping, and it sliced into his shin. He got staph in the wound, and died a few days later.

It can be lethal if not dealt with quickly.

I'm sure he could have consulted with UFC medical professionals to get an IV exemption due to antibiotics if it was deemed necessary in collaboration with USADA/NSAC

Had a buddy die from staph. His foot slipped off the peg on his dirt bike while jumping, and it sliced into his shin. He got staph in the wound, and died a few days later.

How long after it swelled did he wait to get antibiotics?

I'm sure he could have consulted with UFC medical professionals to get an IV exemption due to antibiotics if it was deemed necessary in collaboration with USADA/NSAC

In the post fight, Dana White said Lee refused to go to the UFC facility for help with his weight cut, which was probably to hide the staff from them so he wouldn't risk losing the opportunity to fight.

Staph*

S. aureus can enter the bloodstream if left untreated so yes he's at risk for shock and coma.

how THE FUCK was he allowed into the octagon?!!! with STAPH?

i'm so sure! idiot UFC.

My aunt died of staff in her 50s.

Shits nasty it's not a joke.

I also served a lengthy sentence in state jail, and staff was rampant. Everyone in there was constantly cleaning their cells twice a day and washing their own clothes with body soap to avoid it

Holy shit that sounds awful. I'm so sorry about that, man.

Back