Coronavirus megathread do you have a pretty mask?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apart from SDog, I only know one person who isn't willing. And I'd say he's probably early 30s and looks pretty healthy.
I fear it's a pipe dream too, I'm sure Pfizer and AZ etc would be pumping it out asap because they'd be making cash hand over fist, it's the logistics of the roll out, keeping it at a certain temperature that's the issue.
/Only IMHO, I'm not in the industry.
Of the people i know just direct family and some friends. They won't get the vaccine. Theres a big push here in middle America to not get the vaccine. If i lived in a big city id get it but weighing the risk i dont think so. If i know 50 pdople 40 of them have said they wont get it.

Of the people i know just direct family and some friends. They won't get the vaccine. Theres a big push here in middle America to not get the vaccine. If i lived in a big city id get it but weighing the risk i dont think so. If i know 50 pdople 40 of them have said they wont get it.

That's amazing.

Its really odd seeing such drastic views on this virus. Some would haVe you believe its over running all hospitals and killing at a rate of 10000 a day in the u.s. alone. While no one i know has died from it . heres fhe thing if youre in a giant city i understand take precautions i dont see how that affects me in middle America.
People ive know with covid;
Myself :five days of tired , im type 2 diabetic and have lung scaring, over weight ,and sleep apnea
My mother: lupus, type 2 diabetic, epilepsy, 40 year smoker
Ex wife: 15 year smoker , overweight
Kid
His brother
Ex mother in law : breast cancer survivor , sleep apnea, iron deficiency,
2 16 year old girls one of which was diabetic
57 year old farmer obese, sleep apnea
Aunt :66 years old
Cousin: 48 yrs old hepatitis (i dont know which one), drug addict, severly underweight, diabetic
Cousin:28 400lbs smokes a ton of weed
His gf: overweight, smokes a ton of weed
Gym attendant
90 year old guy at my gym: lost a little weight and was tired
Deaths= 0

Those are the ones off top my head. Its real sure i just dont see the need for the reaction in middle America.
We lost 10 businesses because of the shutdown in my town population of 10,000. So many people now on the gov. Dole by no fault of their own.

Apart from SDog, I only know one person who isn't willing. And I'd say he's probably early 30s and looks pretty healthy.
I fear it's a pipe dream too, I'm sure Pfizer and AZ etc would be pumping it out asap because they'd be making cash hand over fist, it's the logistics of the roll out, keeping it at a certain temperature that's the issue.
I work with people who aren't ready to take it so I'm skeptical.

Vaccines aren’t that profitable. I think I read it costs them $15 per dose to produce, and they’re charging $19.50. Then you have to factor in distribution. They might profit $500 million. That’s all good, but they have probably 10 other drugs they make doing over $1 billion every year.

Seriously, a guy at work I'm really good pals with got laid off this week and it broke my heart we couldn't all just go and have a beer. Broke all protocol and gave him a few hugs, and another guy who it looks like is being given his marching orders.

It just feels so wrong.

For sure, it feels wrong because it is. Those gut feeling are real.
Its how we have survived for 200,000 years.

Well, I can just share my opinion. First, you should realize there are many working parts, many uncertainties, and lots of people with different backgrounds who may have different opinions. Reasonable people can look at the same info and still disagree.

Now that's out of the way, I think the message they are sending is wrong, telling people they need to keep wearing their mask indefinitely after they get vaccinated. Barring some mutation that significantly reduces vaccine efficacy, and aside from maybe high-risk groups/settings, some of the restrictions can be eased off, and I think people in the community should generally be able to go mask-free a couple weeks after their second shot. I could walk you through my reasoning for this sometime, but feeling a little too tired right now.

Who knows what will actually happen though. The people in charge of making these decisions are not always the most capable.

No. That's good. Thank you, doc. I imagine a lot of the people in office are hearing something similar from doctors they're talking to. As of now, it seems like other impacts on society are being overlooked for the virus proper. So we are looking at a few more months of lockdown in Canada at least.

Why those in power are reluctant to tell the truth on what they've surely known for months about keeping things lockdown is another matter...

Same over here, its the way it goes I guess. 60k cases a day for one week = high death rates for the coming weeks while cases fall visibly.

Follow the hospitalisations stats bro, it's the best way to keep track of this thing.

At the moment we've got 37,899 people in hospital with covid and 4,076 people on ventilators.

No. That's good. Thank you, doc. I imagine a lot of the people in office are hearing something similar from doctors they're talking to. As of now, it seems like other impacts on society are being overlooked for the virus proper. So we are looking at a few more months of lockdown in Canada at least.

Why those in power are reluctant to tell the truth on what they've surely known for months about keeping things lockdown is another matter...

I don't think they're trying to be deceitful. The people making these decisions just are not good at figuring this stuff out. The people making the decisions to do these shutdowns are not genius world experts. They are people who took low-prestige, low-paying community service jobs working for the county. A lot of them are just below average doctors.

Just got a bill for my flu jab which happened 6 months ago. I knew the Walgreens twatfuck didn't know what she was doing.

Its really odd seeing such drastic views on this virus. Some would haVe you believe its over running all hospitals and killing at a rate of 10000 a day in the u.s. alone. While no one i know has died from it . heres fhe thing if youre in a giant city i understand take precautions i dont see how that affects me in middle America.
Myself :five days of tired , im type 2 diabetic and have lung scaring, over weight ,and sleep apnea
Kid
His brother
Cousin: 48 yrs old hepatitis (i dont know which one), drug addict, severly underweight, diabetic
Gym attendant
Deaths= 0

Those are the ones off top my head. Its real sure i just dont see the need for the reaction in middle America.
We lost 10 businesses because of the shutdown in my town population of 10,000. So many people now on the gov. Dole by no fault of their own.
There's fucking mass graves and ice trucks full of covid deaths you trump tard imbecile, its science lmao
Damn near everyone i know had it and nobody hospitalized, but its not just the flu bros, fucking pussies lets hide from germs until there are no germs

Follow the hospitalisations stats bro, it's the best way to keep track of this thing.

At the moment we've got 37,899 people in hospital with covid and 4,076 people on ventilators.
A year in and hospitals still fine even in thick of flu season but derpppppp

Took kids tubing at perfect north slopes yesterday, thousands were there no masks, no distancing, we stood in line elbow to elbow for hours, to hell with all these babies and their restrictions

Kid
His brother
Gym attendant
Deaths= 0

I expect having never seen an elephant in the flesh you don't believe in them either?

Also, where did you copy paste that from to make it all formatted wrong?

Kids were on elearning until this last week. Son is sick this morning. No fever, but sore throat, runny nose, cough, and headache. I'm hoping it's just a cold, but I have a bad feeling.

You know a lot of stupid people.

Took kids tubing at perfect north slopes yesterday, thousands were there no masks, no distancing, we stood in line elbow to elbow for hours, to hell with all these babies and their restrictions
Your kids must have loved that, sounds like a great weekend.

@Oblivian I think I read yesterday that it's on the rise with kids but for the most part not serious. I feel fuzzy with a cold but I don't normally get a headache. Am I right in saying your town had quite a high percentage of people with Covid?

Your kids must have loved that, sounds like a great weekend.

@Oblivian I think I read yesterday that it's on the rise with kids but for the most part not serious. I feel fuzzy with a cold but I don't normally get a headache. Am I right in saying your town had quite a high percentage of people with Covid?

Honestly, I haven't really followed the actual #s lately. I'm in a small town. I'd say at the start of this through maybe August, I only personally knew a dozen or so local people that had it. After that until now, I personally know probably anywhere from 50-100. Symptoms also seem to be much worse lately as compared to before. I know someone that died who was 61 and a few hospitalized, but what I'm really referring to is people in their 30's and 40's who have stated it is the sickest they've ever been.

I'm not really worried about my son being sick, but if he has it, I'm sure we'll get it. I manage the company that I'm buying and I literally go to the office 7 days a week. I'm here right now lol. It's just going to be rough navigating through that with a positive test. #firstworldproblems

Honestly, I haven't really followed the actual #s lately. I'm in a small town. I'd say at the start of this through maybe August, I only personally knew a dozen or so local people that had it. After that until now, I personally know probably anywhere from 50-100. Symptoms also seem to be much worse lately as compared to before. I know someone that died who was 61 and a few hospitalized, but what I'm really referring to is people in their 30's and 40's who have stated it is the sickest they've ever been.

I'm not really worried about my son being sick, but if he has it, I'm sure we'll get it. I manage the company that I'm buying and I literally go to the office 7 days a week. I'm here right now lol. It's just going to be rough navigating through that with a positive test. #firstworldproblems
Not really first world if it has an impact on your life.
Congrats on buying the company! That's awesome. And if business is interrupted, I've found that people are quite understanding. I've had to get a bunch of temps in the cover for people who are under quarantine, and no one has complained.

My county's ICU capacity has gone up to 8% from 3% which is good news. I'm wondering if we'll open up again if we get back up to 15%, I'm getting fed up being indoors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back