Media Conor McGregor wants ref to separate quicker

Red Lantern

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Conor isn't happy with the Aldo fight result. What do you guys think? I am all about minimal ref's involvement even though I know it can get real boring sometimes, but I want this sport to be as close as it can get to a real fight.

I agree, take the Aldo fight, that bum had no intention of taking him down he just want to lean on him. If your not active or affective in the position, break it as its a stalemate.

Pride they never let this long dragged out stalling happen, why do we except it in the UFC, because there's a cage to lean on.

I don't give a rats ass what Conor thinks, he's a junkie. However he's right, they should separate. MMA is the only sport that allows blatant stalling that I know of. Even in wrestling you get restarted almost immediately. You continue, you get a point taken away. MMA is far from having it's shit together.

Last edited:
I've been on this forever. While people inordinately bitch and moan about the ground game, it's actually this fence shit that needs to be cleaned up. It adds nothing of value or authenticity to the fight, quite the opposite. It stalls fights out, more often than not it's merely posturing or one or both fighters taking a breather. I have no problem with fence clinching if it's actually leading to something, if there's meaningful strikes or someones actually pursuing a TD, but if not, which is mostly the case, it shouldn't be much more than 15 seconds of stalling out before it gets split up. This is the same reason the ref spends all night breaking up clinching fighters in boxing. It's not the Ultimate Hugging Championship.

The UFC in general needs to do a better job streamlining rules that enhance the action and intensity of fights. Every other pro sport is constantly tweaking and changing rules for one reason or another. The UFC is stagnating in many facets and this is just another aspect where they could easily fix it and just don't.

I agree, take the Aldo fight, that bum had no intention of taking him down he just want to lean on him. If your not active or affective in the position, break it as its a stalemate.

Pride they never let this long dragged out stalling happen, why do we except it in the UFC, because there's a cage to lean on.
You'd think Dana would be all about some yellow cards. A way to save money AND ensure fighters are fighting? Begs the question why he hasn't implemented those for all this time. Even if it is supposed to come down to the Unified Rules allowing them or not, or the commissions, why hasn't he lobbied for it? Seems like a no brainer

Water is wet. What's new?
I'll never forget when Mendes was on top of McGregor and McGregor looked at Herb with a look that said "stand us up" and Herb said "work your way out. I'm not standing you up."

Conor isn't happy with the Aldo fight result. What do you guys think? I am all about minimal ref's involvement even though I know it can get real boring sometimes, but I want this sport to be as close as it can get to a real fight.

already deleted

I was heavily rooting for Aldo too, but how is it a fight if you are completely unable to prevent your opponent from putting you in that position and just keep looking to the ref to save you? I don't know if there was some reason due to crazy Utah rules, but the performance of the refs and judges at this event was beyond atrocious, extremely inconsistent with the standard that has been applied with reasonable consistency across to the sport for many years.

I was heavily rooting for Aldo too, but how is it a fight if you are completely unable to prevent your opponent from putting you in that position and just keep looking to the ref to save you? I don't know if there was some reason due to crazy Utah rules, but the performance of the refs and judges at this event was beyond atrocious, extremely inconsistent with the standard that has been applied with reasonable consistency across to the sport for many years.
Because the position is a stalemate. There's no progression of position or damage it's a 50/50 position that leads to nothing. What ever his name was is basically stalling and avoiding the fight.

Back