Movies THE MARVELS (Full Trailer Released, post #281)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The first one was so memorable that I don't remember anything from it. Come to think of it I can't even recollect how she made her way into infinity war. So not all that jazzed about this movie but will watch eventually.

Lol

Is anyone supposed to give a shit you didnt/wont watch any of these films?

I know I cared enough to comment; but it was just to point out how banal and empty your post was. You're so cool for not watching these films, but still filling this thread with your shit, empty posts.

Pretty sure this thread is only useful for comments about the actual films from people that watched/will watch.

1st one was pretty decent; if they can find an exciting, worthy big bad for CM, sequel would be at least equally watchable.

Plus, Brie got a nice face and big tits.

EvenWindyGemsbok-max-1mb.gif

Last edited:
I loved the first movie, and I'm sure I'll love this one.
What disappointed me is how bland Brie Larson performance was, she was like sleep walking through the movie. I saw her in other stuff she is talented and has charisma so no idea why she came out like that.

Also...

<escalate99>

That's kind of on purpose, I felt.

In the first half of the movie, she was a bit of a smartass, but didn't have much else going on, because she was being inhibited by Kree culture, that Kree chip, and feeling like she didn't know who she really was.

In the second half of the movie, at least to me, her personality really came out, and was more self assured, self confident, and assertive. This then spilled over into Endgame.

Was an average origins movie, much like Thor, Ant-Man and Cap Am were. At least it made me laugh a few times.

There's scope for the sequel to be good and bringing in the galactic threats. Sadly for them, there aren't any successful Captain Marvel comic runs that they can rely on.

I loved the first movie, and I'm sure I'll love this one.

That's kind of on purpose, I felt.

In the first half of the movie, she was a bit of a smartass, but didn't have much else going on, because she was being inhibited by Kree culture, that Kree chip, and feeling like she didn't know who she really was.

In the second half of the movie, at least to me, her personality really came out, and was more self assured, self confident, and assertive. This then spilled over into Endgame.

For me it was a medium movie so I'm in the middle I disagree with the folks that say this is worthless or the folks that loved it.. so it is fine you can watch it and be entertained and I will check out the sequel too.

Brie had moments no doubt she is a capable actor but overall something was off and yea I don't fully trust that director combo and writing plus it got put in the MCU machine and they got their product they aimed for more or less.

I did like her more in Endgame (well not that tomboy haircut that it appears to be comic accurate) but to counter that maybe it is because she has just a few minutes/scenes and not leading her own movie. I feel she will do a much better job moving forward and improve.

@Clippy has a special spot in his heart for Cap Marvel :D

Will watch, especially f
The first one was good. The Skrull stuff feels fresh still and I enjoy where they’re going with it. Oddly, she’s probably the weakest part of the series. The surrounding stuff is all pretty neat, with the Kree and so on.
right? I want more Ronan, Lee Pace is awesome.

Lol

Is anyone supposed to give a shit you didnt/wont watch any of these films?

I know I cared enough to comment; but it was just to point out how banal and empty your post was. You're so cool for not watching these films, but still filling this thread with your shit, empty posts.

Pretty sure this thread is only useful for comments about the actual films from people that watched/will watch.

1st one was pretty decent; if they can find an exciting, worthy big bad for CM, sequel would be at least equally watchable.

Plus, Brie got a nice face and big tits.

View attachment 715651

She's got good nudes, too. Not many, but they're pretty good.

Brie Larson is a good actress, shes pretty talented
I dont think she cares much about marvel movies, her performance felt very very bland

The concept of the movie itself was good though so I'll probably watch the next one. It's just surprising this movie got so much positive or negative attention when it was just eh

I liked the first one, will most likely go see this one too
Looks like Marvel is moving into space with this next chapter of their film saga which pleases me greatly

First one was probably the worst of all MCU films. Bree has the charisma of a wet brick. I´ll pass.

First one served its purpose. Not really much more than that. It had some cool moments. Wouldn't be a bad movie to introduce the concept of Galactus.
Agreed.

I feel the story line was very good, especially for lead in to other stories.

That said I feel Brie just mailed it in. I've heard she can be engaging actress with charisma in other roles but as CM she has not shown me any of that. The most enjoyable parts of her movies for me are when she is not on screen.

I can't help but think how much better the role would have been played by Emily Blunt or that gal from Vikings, I think @Dragonlordxxxxx had cast.

I mean, compare the energy Brie brought to the role compared to that Gal Gadot brought to WW.

Will watch, especially f

right? I want more Ronan, Lee Pace is awesome.

tumblr_nilvqzRvJo1sf4ytyo5_400.gif

I mean, compare the energy Brie brought to the role compared to that Gal Gadot brought to WW.

I'll give Brie a pass because she filmed Endgame before CM. That character hadn't been fleshed out yet.

First movie was so so nothing too bad.

Kinda forgettable but if you find yourself watching it (random TV / streaming) you will be like eh okay I guess.

What disappointed me is how bland Brie Larson performance was, she was like sleep walking through the movie. I saw her in other stuff she is talented and has charisma so no idea why she came off like that.

Also...

<escalate99>

Wasn't she purposely acting like that because the soldiers she trained with are taught not to show emotion? Pretty sure she was supposed to be robotic and lack emotion.

Wasn't she purposely acting like that because the soldiers she trained with are taught not to show emotion? Pretty sure she was supposed to be robotic and lack emotion.
Jason Borne is supposed to be like that.

Angelina Jolie's character in Salt is supposed to be like that.

There are many soldier/assassin type characters who are supposed to be cold and emotionless who still bring an energy to the role.

I found that Brie brought no energy. She was not just robotic and emotionless, she was flat. There is a big difference.

Watch Rich Franklin play cyborg soldier

MV5BMTQ2MzI1MTMzNl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwOTQ5MTU0OQ@@._V1_.jpg

and compare that to Arnie playing the Terminator, or another cyborg soldier and see how Rich in trying to be robotic and emotionless is just completely flat and lifeless.

Arnie breaths life in the role because he brings a energy and can act.

I am not saying Brie cannot act, but i am not sure she did much of that, in her first movie.

There are many soldier/assassin type characters who are supposed to be cold and emotionless who still bring an energy to the role.

I found that Brie brought no energy. She was not just robotic and emotionless, she was flat. There is a big difference.

and compare that to Arnie playing the Terminator, or another cyborg soldier and see how Rich in trying to be robotic and emotionless is just completely flat and lifeless.

I am not saying Brie cannot act, but i am not sure she did much of that, in her first movie.

Yea, her facial expression was pretty much the same in every scene. Over confident, yet bland/flat, with a slight head turn to emphasize her over confidence.

Then she was miscast, because there is a way to portray stoicism in a way that's still charismatic

Again, shes a talented actress but Marvel didnt really put her in a role that show based her talent

For me it was a medium movie so I'm in the middle I disagree with the folks that say this is worthless or the folks that loved it.. so it is fine you can watch it and be entertained and I will check out the sequel too.

Brie had moments no doubt she is a capable actor but overall something was off and yea I don't fully trust that director combo and writing plus it got put in the MCU machine and they got their product they aimed for more or less.

I did like her more in Endgame (well not that tomboy haircut that it appears to be comic accurate) but to counter that maybe it is because she has just a few minutes/scenes and not leading her own movie. I feel she will do a much better job moving forward and improve.

@Clippy has a special spot in his heart for Cap Marvel :D
Huh

MV5BMTQ2MzI1MTMzNl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwOTQ5MTU0OQ@@._V1_.jpg

Woah there buddy. I had no issues with this thread until we started insulting the acting skills of Rich 'Ace" Franklin.

First one was not good. Thought it was the worst marvel movie. Worse than Thor 2 and Iron Man 3.
All she had to overcome was losing her memory. No other big challenge.
She was way OP with no compelling villain. She was never at risk of losing to someone.
These movies are only as good as the bad guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back