Biomutant - releases May 25

Kaybee

Arianator Belt
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
inb4 furries

I stumbled upon the trailer for this upcoming game recently and am pretty excited to see how it shapes up later this year. The devs are mostly ex-members of the Just Cause team at Avalanche, and THQNordic is one of the few good guy publishers left that have the horsepower to pump out a major game, so I have some good confidence in the team behind it.

The world looks like a cross between a cartoony pan-Asian setting and the Yordles from League of Legends (with more fur). Looks like you can create your character, and get mutations and ride around in different mechs. The small stature of the PC allows a bit more acrobatic fighting style compared to the often stiff combat in (A)RPG's. I'm liking what I see so far; will certainly be keeping an eye on this through release!

Trailer

Gameplay

There is new gameplay footage:

These are recent interviews with the creative director about the game:

He describes the overall feel of the game to be something akin to Breath of the Wild with kung fu. The new footage shows a lot of weapons, a horse-like mount, flying mounts, gliders, boats, submarines, and a mech. I can't imagine not being interested in this game, if you like open-world RPGs.

Needs a better name, it will hurt the sales promise with such a generic title that sounds like a late 90's 3-D fighter.

I thought this game was supposed to be like x-com? Am I thinking of a different game?

I thought this game was supposed to be like x-com? Am I thinking of a different game?
you might be thinking of this
mutant-year-zero-road-to-eden-deluxe-edition.jpeg

I was interested until they announced it was a single player game. No longer interested

Is it still on target to be released in 2020? Other than Cyberpunk, the Fall lineup is looking very empty

Is it still on target to be released in 2020? Other than Cyberpunk, the Fall lineup is looking very empty
At the end of the recent gameplay trailer it says the release date is "when we think it's ready". It does seem like they're nearing completion, but I wouldn't be shocked if we were looking at 2021 just because they haven't given a date yet

Release date announced. May 25. It's weird to me that there doesn't seem to be more excitement for this game, but I guess that's what happens when you don't have the budget for marketing.

Release date announced. May 25. It's weird to me that there doesn't seem to be more excitement for this game, but I guess that's what happens when you don't have the budget for marketing.
Yeah hard to build hype over radio silence. Looks really cool; probably my most looked-forward to title confirmed this year so far

It's definitely my most anticipated title right now. I've been looking forward to this one for like two years.
QFT. You introduced this game to me over a year ago, bud, and I remember really liking what you showed me, especially with fun attributes like intelligence, allergies something(?), and luck to build around, iirc. Not far off now.

It's smart Experiment 101 and THQ Nordic kept focus on last-gen instead of putting feet in both pools mid-production and underdelivering. After getting current build off the ground, they can maybe double-dip later for a current-gen version.

It's smart Experiment 101 and THQ Nordic kept focus on last-gen instead of putting feet in both pools mid-production and underdelivering. After getting current build off the ground, they can maybe double-dip later for a current-gen version.
No doubt about that. We saw how focusing on next gen can bite a dev in the ass pretty recently...

Just watched some footage on this. Gameplay doesnt look amazing, the graphics dont look that great, the art style isnt super unique.....but it has charm and style. The soundtrack seems damn great aswell. Im keeping an eye on this. Looks like it could be really good, especially if the boss fights are good.

Just watched some footage on this. Gameplay doesnt look amazing, the graphics dont look that great, the art style isnt super unique.....but it has charm and style. The soundtrack seems damn great aswell. Im keeping an eye on this. Looks like it could be really good, especially if the boss fights are good.
I love the art style, which means a lot more than having super advanced graphics imo.

I'm most looking forward to the fact that it looks like there is a ton of character customization. It's been a while since I played a decent RPG that allowed me to make my character however I want.

I love that video. They posted a decent looking combat trailer recently as well, but it honestly made me a teensy bit skeptical because none of the combat clips in it were longer than about 2 seconds. It made for a cool action highlight reel, but there wasn't anything to show fluidity (or lack thereof) in the combat.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back