Best match up for Khabib at lightweight

JustOnce

On Hiatus
@Gold
Reaction score
Gunnar Nelson.

This guy is smaller than Khabib, and fighting at welterweight. This guy got molested by Maia, but I wouldn't be surprised if Maia does the same to Khabib because size matters, when both of them pretty much does the same thing, except Khabib never had to face high calibre wrestlers like Maia had to. As much as people may hate on Covington, he's an elite level wrestler than Khabib never had to face in his career so far.

I don't see Ferguson or Conor posing a whole lot of challenge. If I were Conor's manager, I'm running the hell away from Khabib. I always felt that Conor have a better chance at winning the WW belt than beating Khabib, because Conor's a big dude in his own right, and match ups make fights. Both of them have a chance, but I'd say Khabib beats them. I was incredibly excited for Gunnar and Maia fight, and would be as well for Gunnar vs Khabib, especially if Khabib wants to test the waters at WW and wants a 'warm up' fight.

Gunnar's career haven't panned out like I thought it was going to, but Gunnar's a real deal and match ups make fights.

Also, Conors team can always make this out to be something of a story line where Conor's team mate, who would be in eyes of the media be of a lesser of the two as fighters, is first testing this undefeated challenger to Conor's throne.

giphy.gif

How do you figure Khabib is bigger than Gunnar Nelson? I don't see it.

Gunnar is most definitely wasting his time at ww, a fight against kabob would be badass. Frankie coming back up to lw to fight him would be interesting. Don't see Frankie getting pinned down like edson

Back