International Ben-Gvir says Israeli rights trump Palestinian freedom of movement

LeonardoBjj

Professional Wrestler
@Brown
Reaction score
Minister’s comments slammed online, seen as an open admittance of Israeli apartheid.

29322212.jpg

Itamar Ben-Gvir makes a speech following Israel’s general elections in occupied East Jerusalem on November 1, 2022 [Mostafa Alkharouf /Anadolu Agency]

Israel’s far-right National Security Minister Itamar Ben-Gvir has openly admitted that his right to move around unimpeded is superior to the freedom of movement for Palestinians in the occupied West Bank, sparking outrage.

“My right, the right of my wife and my children to move around Judea and Samaria is more important than freedom of movement for the Arabs,” he said in a Wednesday evening interview with Channel 12 News, using the biblical term for the occupied territory.

Directly addressing journalist Mohammad Magadli, who is a Palestinian citizen of Israel, Ben-Gvir said, “Sorry, Mohammad, but that’s the reality.”

Ben-Gvir, known for being a Palestinian-hating religious far-right provocateur, is in control of Israel’s Border Police’s division in the occupied West Bank. He lives in Kiryat Arba, one of the most radical Jewish settlements in the occupied West Bank.

Under international law, settlements in occupied land are considered illegal and a huge obstacle to any notion of a two-state solution.

Ben-Gvir has been convicted several times on charges of supporting a Jewish “terrorist organisation” and of incitement to racism against Arabs and non-Jews. He is also known for his anti-LGBTQ activism.

Some Israeli journalists reacted with outrage on social media over Ben-Gvir’s comments, pointing out that he was acknowledging apartheid on air.

Israeli journalist Nir Gontarz said Ben-Gvir’s comments were hardly surprising.

“He simply described reality as it is,” Gontarz wrote on X, the site formerly known as Twitter. “This reality was created by leftist and right-wing [Israeli] governments.”

Ahmad Tibi, a Palestinian-Israeli member of Knesset, said: “For the first time, an Israeli minister admits on air that Israel enforces an apartheid regime, based on Jewish supremacy.”

Hansen Majadli, a Palestinian editor and columnist at the Israeli daily Haaretz, berated Ben-Gvir’s “laziness”.

“My problem with this creature is not that he is a racist,” she wrote on X. “After all, I have met racists like him and more throughout my life in the only democracy in the Middle East. My problem with him is that he’s just lazy, and lacks style in general.

MSNBC host Mehdi Hasan blasted the United States for funding and being complicit in Israeli apartheid.

“Meanwhile, US-based defenders of Israel get mad if you say the A-word even though an Israeli minister is openly and proudly admitting to it,” he said.

The US gives Israel – the largest cumulative recipient of US foreign aid – an average of $3.8bn in military aid annually.

In 2021, several leading international, Israeli and Palestinian human rights organisations published detailed reports describing Israel as an apartheid state and holding it accountable for treating Palestinians as an “inferior racial group”.

The US and the European Union have defended Israel, with the former passing a resolution last June proclaiming Israel is “not a racist or apartheid state”.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2023...-rights-trump-palestinian-freedom-of-movement

Supermodel Bella Hadid criticized Israel's far-right security minister. Now he's lashing out at her
Israel’s far-right national security minister has lashed out at supermodel Bella Hadid for criticizing his recent fiery televised remarks about Palestinians in the occupied West Bank

By ISABEL DEBRE Associated Press
August 25, 2023, 8:27 AM

wirestory_7323723f85fb474383b3f78bf9772214_16x9_992.jpg

TEL AVIV, Israel -- Israel’s far-right national security minister lashed out at supermodel Bella Hadid on Friday for criticizing his recent fiery televised remarks about Palestinians in the occupied West Bank.

In an interview earlier this week with Israel’s Channel 12 following two deadly Palestinian attacks against Israelis in the occupied territory, National Security Minister Itamar Ben-Gvir argued that his right to freedom of movement as a Jewish settler outweighs the same right for Palestinians.

“My right, the right of my wife and my children to move around Judea and Samaria, is more important than freedom of movement for the Arabs,” Ben-Gvir said on Wednesday, using the biblical name for the West Bank. "The right to life comes before freedom of movement.”

Addressing Mohammad Magadli, a well-known Israeli-Arab television host who was in the studio, Ben-Gvir added: “Sorry, Mohammad. But that’s the reality.”

His statement drew widespread criticism as commentators seized on it as proof of allegations that Israel was turning into an apartheid system that seeks to maintain Jewish hegemony from the Jordan River to the Mediterranean Sea.

Protesters thronged outside Ben-Gvir’s home in a West Bank settlement on Friday to condemn his remarks. The catchphrase “Sorry, Mohammad” became meme fodder for social media as critics posted it alongside videos of Israeli violence against Palestinians.

Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu defended Ben-Gvir's comments in a statement Friday night, saying that Israel “allows maximum freedom of movement” in the West Bank. Palestinian militants, Netanyahu said, “take advantage of this freedom of movement to murder Israeli women, children, and families by ambushing them at certain points on different routes.”

“This is what Minister Ben-Gvir meant when he said 'the right to life precedes freedom of movement,” Netanyahu added.

There are at least 645 physical barriers restricting Palestinian movement in the West Bank, according to U.N. monitors. Over half the barriers, the agency says, have a “severe impact on Palestinians” by preventing access to city centers, major roads, farmland, and other services.

GettyImages-1395056029.jpg

Some 30 people have been killed by Palestinian attacks against Israelis since the start of this year, according to a tally by The Associated Press. Nearly 180 Palestinians have been killed by Israeli fire in the West Bank during that time, most of whom Israel says were militants.

Hadid, a world-famous supermodel and social media influencer whose father is Palestinian, shared an excerpt from Ben-Gvir’s interview with her 59.5 million followers on Instagram on Thursday, writing:
“In no place, no time, especially in 2023 should one life be more valuable than another’s. Especially simply because of their ethnicity, culture or pure hatred.”

She also posted a video from leading Israeli rights group B'Tselem showing Israeli soldiers in the southern West Bank city of Hebron telling a resident that Palestinians are not permitted to walk on a certain street because it is reserved for Jews. “Does this remind anyone of anything?” she wrote.

Ben-Gvir responded angrily on Friday to Hadid's post.

“I invite you to Kiryat Arba, to see how we live here, how every day, Jews who have done nothing wrong to anyone in their lives are murdered here,” he wrote on X, formerly known as Twitter.

Ben-Gvir lives in the settlement of Kiryat Arba near Hebron, the largest Palestinian city.

Earlier this week, Palestinian gunmen opened fire on an Israeli car near Hebron, killing an Israeli woman and seriously wounding the driver. That attack came just days after a Palestinian shooting attack killed an Israeli father and son in the northern Palestinian town of Hawara.

Ben-Gvir acknowledged the backlash but doubled down on his original statement.

“So yes, the right of me and my fellow Jews to travel and return home safely on the roads of Judea and Samaria outweighs the right of terrorists who throw stones at us and kill us," he wrote.

Ben-Gvir has been convicted in the past of inciting racism and of supporting a terrorist organization. He was known as an admirer of rabbi Meir Kahane, who was banned from Parliament and whose Kach party was branded a terrorist group by the United States before he was assassinated in New York in 1990. Kach wanted to strip Arab Israelis of their citizenship, segregate Israeli public spaces, and ban marriages between Jews and non-Jews.

Before joining politics, Ben-Gvir hung a portrait in his living room of a Jewish man who fatally shot 29 Palestinians in the West Bank in 1994.

A once-marginal far-right activist, Ben-Gvir now wields significant power as the national security minister overseeing the Israeli police force in Netanyahu's government.

https://abcnews.go.com/Internationa...es-supermodel-bella-hadid-criticism-102559446

- Bella would kick this Ben-Gvir ass in a fight. She looks like a James Bond female villain.

Famke-Janssen-fala-sobre-experiencia-ruim-em-interpretar-uma-Bond-Girl-1.jpg

Didn’t real the whole article but was anything mentioned about Iran getting the bomb any moment now?

Minister’s comments slammed online, seen as an open admittance of Israeli apartheid.

29322212.jpg

Itamar Ben-Gvir makes a speech following Israel’s general elections in occupied East Jerusalem on November 1, 2022 [Mostafa Alkharouf /Anadolu Agency]

Israel’s far-right National Security Minister Itamar Ben-Gvir has openly admitted that his right to move around unimpeded is superior to the freedom of movement for Palestinians in the occupied West Bank, sparking outrage.

“My right, the right of my wife and my children to move around Judea and Samaria is more important than freedom of movement for the Arabs,” he said in a Wednesday evening interview with Channel 12 News, using the biblical term for the occupied territory.

Directly addressing journalist Mohammad Magadli, who is a Palestinian citizen of Israel, Ben-Gvir said, “Sorry, Mohammad, but that’s the reality.”

Ben-Gvir, known for being a Palestinian-hating religious far-right provocateur, is in control of Israel’s Border Police’s division in the occupied West Bank. He lives in Kiryat Arba, one of the most radical Jewish settlements in the occupied West Bank.

Under international law, settlements in occupied land are considered illegal and a huge obstacle to any notion of a two-state solution.

Ben-Gvir has been convicted several times on charges of supporting a Jewish “terrorist organisation” and of incitement to racism against Arabs and non-Jews. He is also known for his anti-LGBTQ activism.

Some Israeli journalists reacted with outrage on social media over Ben-Gvir’s comments, pointing out that he was acknowledging apartheid on air.

Israeli journalist Nir Gontarz said Ben-Gvir’s comments were hardly surprising.

“He simply described reality as it is,” Gontarz wrote on X, the site formerly known as Twitter. “This reality was created by leftist and right-wing [Israeli] governments.”

Ahmad Tibi, a Palestinian-Israeli member of Knesset, said: “For the first time, an Israeli minister admits on air that Israel enforces an apartheid regime, based on Jewish supremacy.”

Hansen Majadli, a Palestinian editor and columnist at the Israeli daily Haaretz, berated Ben-Gvir’s “laziness”.

“My problem with this creature is not that he is a racist,” she wrote on X. “After all, I have met racists like him and more throughout my life in the only democracy in the Middle East. My problem with him is that he’s just lazy, and lacks style in general.

MSNBC host Mehdi Hasan blasted the United States for funding and being complicit in Israeli apartheid.

“Meanwhile, US-based defenders of Israel get mad if you say the A-word even though an Israeli minister is openly and proudly admitting to it,” he said.

The US gives Israel – the largest cumulative recipient of US foreign aid – an average of $3.8bn in military aid annually.

In 2021, several leading international, Israeli and Palestinian human rights organisations published detailed reports describing Israel as an apartheid state and holding it accountable for treating Palestinians as an “inferior racial group”.

The US and the European Union have defended Israel, with the former passing a resolution last June proclaiming Israel is “not a racist or apartheid state”.
er
https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2023...-rights-trump-palestinian-freedom-of-movement

It's good he said that, cause that's always been the case, only he is the first senior leader to actually admit it. The one silver lining in Netanyahu's far right government is that it is becoming increasing hard to ignore Israel's chauvinistic treatment of Palestianians.

Last edited:
The right in america uses it as a cloak for their desired authoritarian theocracy
In the US the settlers and White nationalists used Christianity to justify slavery , segregation and dispossession of the Native peoples. Conversely the abolitionists also used to Christianity to justify opposing slavery.

All ready stated the only real solution to this thing.

It's shocking what Israel has turned into , we seemed so close to a resolution thirty years ago but now it seems impossibly far away.

absolutely disgusting antisemitic posts here!

Well, when you're the big dog dictating this shit to your aggressive neighbors, it is true. These two are not coming to an agreement anytime soon, so guess what happens when the little guy is not open to negotiating peace, and continues to carry out terrorist attacks on your nation? They get stomped out by the big guy who is sick of their shit.

It is what it is. Personally, I would like them to stop flirting with each, and just throw down and end it already. This "conflict" is pointless. Israel won a long time ago. Spike the fucking ball already.

Israel is an annoying parasitic state.

Back