Ben Askren is the most boring fighter in MMA history

Lawblaw

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score

Revisiting what Dana used to say about Askren, this one is pretty funny too.

“The thing is with Ben Askren is that Ben Askren doesn’t really want to fight here, in my opinion. People that are close to him say the same thing. The guy is making a ton of money to fight nobodies, but when you talk and you say a lot of things it keeps your name out there. Trust me when I tell you this, Ben Askren does not want to fight in the UFC. Believe me when I tell you that.”

Reminds me of "GSP will never fight again"

Dana 101, he will often say a lot of things that are dishonest to get fighters riled up to come sign a fight contract.

GSP mentioned that he was aware of Dana’s agenda to say things to try to get you to sign a deal. Eez normal, bud.

But one of the most entertaining personalities in the game today, so It's all good.

ben-askren-ufc-235-pre-fight-press-conference.jpg

Funky One Bless.

“The thing is with Ben Askren is that Ben Askren doesn’t really want to fight here, in my opinion. People that are close to him say the same thing. The guy is making a ton of money to fight nobodies, but when you talk and you say a lot of things it keeps your name out there. Trust me when I tell you this, Ben Askren does not want to fight in the UFC. Believe me when I tell you that.”

He did fight nobodies. I believe both of them. I think Ben didn't want any part of the UFC because he would have gotten wrecked by that crop of WW fighters back then in the UFC. Dana probably would've signed Ben if the money was right so he was probably using negotiating tactics. They're both right. I think the only reason why Askren is here is Dana felt like he was flushing money down the toilet paying Mighty Mouse when nobody was watching. It was a contract dump and he's riding out Askren's contract hoping someone will knock him out. I think he still hates Askren. He likes exciting fighters. Joe Sixpack doesn't want to watch Askren. I do for the intrigue and because the guy is such a high level wrestler. I still want to see someone finally knock him out. He has a really ugly face that I can't help but want to see put to sleep already.

He did fight nobodies. I believe both of them. I think Ben didn't want any part of the UFC because he would have gotten wrecked by that crop of WW fighters back then in the UFC.
Ben did try to come over and the UFC fucked him. Dana was worried that all of his big PPV draws would get wrestlefucked by a 'nobody' and tank the entire division if not the org's stock.

Of course, MMA was never about winning fights.

well hey, even Decision Dan turned it around, there's still hope...

jk, dude has 0 striking it's hilarious, terribly uno-dimensionale.

BUT, fun as bawls outside of the cage.
also, fuck Dana, Chael was one of his biggest drawls.
sGqRmNk.jpg

And no women in MMA, ever.

To be fair, UFC has resources for random drug tests.

Both guys have been talking nonsense in the past.

Typical Dana , says one thing , and does something that contradicts it , but the " would rather watch fly's fuck " was a good one , literally loled.

Well let's be fair and see how he might deal with some adversity in UFC . He is a dominating 18-0 and hell- I stopped paying for GSP ppvs down the stretch....

I’d rather watch flys fuck

Hilarious

Ben did try to come over and the UFC fucked him. Dana was worried that all of his big PPV draws would get wrestlefucked by a 'nobody' and tank the entire division if not the org's stock.

UFC didn't fuck Askren...Askren fucked Askren. Askren was let go by Bellator when he was their champ, and in the mean time he was constantly talking shit about the UFC and Dana. Dana straight up told him to go to WSOF and fight some actually relevant / ranked fighters that people may have heard of. Instead Ben went to ONE to fight 100% unknowns and waste his prime years...sure, monetarily it likely made sense for Ben, but it didn't do him any good in terms of increasing his reputation / legacy.

to be fair, which Sherdog is not

Ben did use to lay on people for much of his Bellator run, he started finishing in his last few fights
and over at ONE he was fighting less than stellar guys, so he had some finishes as well

Back