News Askar Askarov released from UFC

Dijardo

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
From his instagram. Says he asked for the release because he has only one fight left on his contract. Has no plans to fight again until he takes care of his health.

Assalamualaikum, due to my return being delayed due to medical reasons and being my last fight under my contract, I asked UFC to release me. To which, I received a positive response. First, let's put our health in order, and then we will see what and how.

Last edited by a moderator:
Guess he will sign with Eagle next? :)
EvqgWLwUUAA-eeM.jpg

He should change his name slightly to Naskar Naskarov and try to get into Nascar, imo.

You have to AskHer permission until he can enter NaSKear. His missus.

Guess he will sign with Eagle next? :)
EvqgWLwUUAA-eeM.jpg
I mean, it literally says that he's not planning on fighting until he takes care of his health, so retirement is much more likely depending on how delicate the situation is.

Hopefully he manages to get things sorted out, even if he doesn't plan on competing anymore.

I swear, 125lbs is the worst division in the UFC along with 205lbs and 265lbs but it doesn't have to be. Askar Askarov granted his release due to illness, Mighty Mouse traded for Ben Askren, Kyoji Horiguch somehow let go, Lineker could never get his weight under control, Cejudo left the division and then retired, Ali Bagautinov was thrown to the wolves and then let go. This division feels very cursed. A lot of great Kazakh talen the UFC always fails to sign at 125lbs too.

Damn. Askarov should have gotten a TS. Hopefully he gets well.

I swear, 125lbs is the worst division in the UFC along with 205lbs and 265lbs but it doesn't have to be. Askar Askarov granted his release due to illness, Mighty Mouse traded for Ben Askren, Kyoji Horiguch somehow let go, Lineker could never get his weight under control, Cejudo left the division and then retired, Ali Bagautinov was thrown to the wolves and then let go. This division feels very cursed. A lot of great Kazakh talen the UFC always fails to sign at 125lbs too.
Horiguchi wants to go back to 125lbs. I think the UFC should throw some money at him. I would favor the Horiguchi that beat everybody but MM over pretty much all current FLWs.

Back