Movies Anyone seen the film Cat on a Hot Tin Roof?

Rate the film.

• 7 - Good

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 6 - Above Average

• 4 - Below Average

• 3 - Bad

• 2 - Very Bad

• 1 - Terrible

• 0 - One of the worst films ever.

• Total voters

Takes_Two_To_Tango

Formally known as MXZT
Platinum Member
Reaction score
I don't think many people have seen this film. I love it, the dialogue is amazing. It was perfectly casted from Paul Newman, Elizabeth Taylor and Burt Ives. Great acting by pretty much everyone.

Did you guys know Burl Ives was only 48 years old?

Also do you guys think Skipper and Brick we're more than just best friends, but lovers? I don't know that's the feeling I'm getting the way Brick and Maggie talk about him in the film.

Last edited:
I think I saw parts of it when I was about 7 years old.

Let's be honest, it didn't stand up to Godzilla.

tumblr_oywt5vRxiu1wzw0ebo1_1280.gif

Last edited:
There's homosexual undertones in the play and the film. IIRC Brick stop sleeping with Maggie due to his attraction towards Skipper ?Been a while since I have visited the film / play though.

There's homosexual undertones in the play and the film. IIRC Brick stop sleeping with Maggie due to his attraction towards Skipper ?Been a while since I have visited the film / play though.

Yeah, that makes sense. Thanks man.

Burt Ives? I thought his name was Burl, not Burt. Assuming we’re talking about the same guy I only really remember him as the snowman and narrator from Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer.

Burt Ives? I thought his name was Burl, not Burt. Assuming we’re talking about the same guy I only really remember him as the snowman and narrator from Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer.

Yes, Burl Ives I mean. My bad, it's just an honest mistake.

Pretty sure it's Burl, and those Christmas shows are I remember him for too

I don't think many people have seen this film. I love it, the dialogue is amazing. It was perfectly casted from Paul Newman, Elizabeth Taylor and Burt Ives. Great acting by pretty much everyone.

Did you guys know Burl Ives was only 48 years old?

Also do you guys think Skipper and Brick we're more than just best friends, but lovers? I don't know that's the feeling I'm getting the way Brick and Maggie talk about him in the film.

I love me some Paul Newman and Richard Brooks is an underatted director. Check out his version of In Cold Blood and Elmer Gantry.

Also, Ives plays a great SOB in The Big Country and Winds Across the Everglades. They don't make quality films like these anymore.

Back