• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Anybody Live in PA?

PhantomNugget**

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Looks like I'm moving up there next week, to Coatesville. Never been to the Northeast at all (other than airport layovers) and I'm wondering what it's like. I'm hearing Coatesville is like an hour from Philly, so I'm gonna check that out for sure.

You guys got any input? Things to see and do? Or things to avoid?

28291523.jpg

I live in Florida not Pennsylvania.

Coatesville is where the gangstas are. Just remember to wear neutral colors and don't make any hand gestures unless you're certain what they mean.

Stay away from Allentown & the Poconos.
Most of the people there are shady as hell.
It's worse than Detroit.

I travel to western PA several times a year; south of Pitt. It is a pretty depressing place this time of year though. Can't say I like Penn. too much.

it is sad what lots of parts have become. they do waaaay too much free housing, so all the lazy scumbags from NY or where ever go there to suck off the teet

poconos used to be nice

allentown wasn't too bad.

but i am talking 90s here

have not been to coatesville, so cannot speak if it is gangsta or not

if you want to shop, go to king of prussia

wyomissing hills is a nice place to live, but that is a little bit from coatesville

i grew up / still visit the hershey-palmyra-annville-lebanon and wyomissing parts

dorney park and wild water kingdom were ok, but that was in the 90s.

Coatesville is a run down area, why are you moving there?!

I live around Wilkes Barre which is 2 hours straight north of where you will be. Where you are at you will actually be able to get to Philadelphia/Atlantic City/Baltimore pretty damn easy. AC had a bad reputation but they dumped a LOT of money into restoring the city. There is a lot of fun shit to do there and its an easy drive friday night and back home sunday for you. Baltimore... Again its not like you'll be walking into Marlo. I work there every Tuesday. Philadelphia has some of the worst neighborhoods I've been to in my life but also has some great stuff.

I live in Bucks County. Bucks County is the fucking tits!

Fuck Philly!

Oh nice I pass through York on 83 North every Tuesday night.

Yea I like it here. Im 45 mins from Bmore, 20 mins from Harrisburg, an hour and a half from Philly and 3 hours from NYC.

Thats why York literally became a drug highway.

Coatesville is a run down area, why are you moving there?!

Got a job working on helicopters for Sikorsky. It's good money, and it's a new place, which I'm all about, but you guys are makin it sound like a shithole. Was hoping to hear different.

Are there are decent areas close by, like within 45 mins, to stay?

Yea I like it here. Im 45 mins from Bmore, 20 mins from Harrisburg, an hour and a half from Philly and 3 hours from NYC.

Thats why York literally became a drug highway.

Same with my area which is pretty much the Poconos. It takes almost exactly 2hrs to get to both New York (I-80) and Philadelphia (I-476). We had some troubles in the last few years with families that would move here from NY but still work in the city. They would have their kids go to school and come home to an empty house until like 7:00. These kids were the bane of all gated communities just "thuggin it and lovin it."

I live around Wilkes Barre which is 2 hours straight north of where you will be. Where you are at you will actually be able to get to Philadelphia/Atlantic City/Baltimore pretty damn easy.

I knew Philly was close by. Didn't realize Coatesville was that centrally located though. That's good news.

Got a job working on helicopters for Sikorsky. It's good money, and it's a new place, which I'm all about, but you guys are makin it sound like a shithole. Was hoping to hear different.

Are there are decent areas close by, like within 45 mins, to stay?

Dude Coatesville is a shithole, its like an old run down mining city.

The thing about PA is that it has the popular cities like Philly and Pittsburgh, but there are a lot of smaller cities like York, Harrisburg, Reading, Lancaster, Coatesville etc that only have about 50k people but the crime rates are through the roof. Like the crime rates are higher than Baltimore and Philly. All of those cities have good suburb areas, but the acutall cities are very bad.

If you work in Coatesville Id probably live in suburban Lancaster. Its about a 15-20 min drive.

Coatesville has a lot of stragglers from Philly and maybe even some Baltimore. My area is full of Baltimore peeps.

Back