• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Answers

StonedLemur

Chief of Sherbro Island
@plutonium
Reaction score
You float on the wandering winds, searching for the answers to questions never asked.
She is with you, though she has no idea what you're searching for, nor does she want to know.
You have been together long enough to speak without saying a word, and some days that's all it is.

The sands are hot, hotter than either of you imagined, and it is long fucking days in that kind of heat.
You occasionally stop and comb through the surrounding area, turning over stones, because nobody really knows where these answers are.

She says to you, "are you going to walk this whole fucking desert?"
You look back at her and she already knows the answer to that by the look in your eyes.
The night falls and you decide to keep going since you've already been walking for days.

You stumble on a stone, or what you thought was a stone, and sweep the sand away.
You spark a torch, and see a symbol, its a symbol you remember seeing in school while in the library.
You sweep more sand off and realize that this thing is bigger than you thought.

You clean off a space big enough for both of you to lay because this thing is oddly cold.
You each fall asleep, it is deep, holding each other in your out stretched reach.

You awaken, its still dark... she's sleeping like a baby.
You ask the object some questions, and it seemed like it heard and understood you.
It beckoned you closer, you came near...it started whispering in your ear.

Can't you hear it?

~SL

Man, that turned strangely haunting at the end. Seemed like a fairly straightforward take on walking through life with the one you love, but the end is a mystery to me.

And I have no idea why, but this really made me think of the movie Annihilation. It's totally unrelated subject matter, but it was the first thing that came in my head for some reason. It's a great movie if you're ever looking for something to watch.

Man, that turned strangely haunting at the end. Seemed like a fairly straightforward take on walking through life with the one you love, but the end is a mystery to me.

And I have no idea why, but this really made me think of the movie Annihilation. It's totally unrelated subject matter, but it was the first thing that came in my head for some reason. It's a great movie if you're ever looking for something to watch.

I never know where the words will take me sir, and I never have an ending in mind because I feel like that will limit my journey.

Its merely a walk at first glance as you said, then it switches gears.
I'll look into that movie btw, thanks for the recco.

Do text to speech and close your eyes.
kiwi-carmaux.gif

/nods
That was a good read dude

Thanks sir, I have quite a few of them on here.
If you want to read some let me know I'll drop some links in here.

They're all different so it keeps it interesting.

Back