Amanda Nunes Vs Germaine De Randamie II

pcbh167

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Since Holly is fighting Aspen Ladd and Germaine is ranked number 2, I think this should be the fight to make next.

People say Valentina is the only person who can beat Nunes now, but she's already lost twice to Amanda. Germaine has the stand up skills and power to beat Amanda on the feet and her takedown defense is very good. Also, I think their first fight was stopped early: Germaine blocked most of Amanda's strikes on the ground.

Since Holly is fighting Aspen Ladd and Germaine is ranked number 2, I think this should be the fight to make next.

People say Valentina is the only person who can beat Nunes now, but she's already lost twice to Amanda. Germaine has the stand up skills and power to beat Amanda on the feet and her takedown defense is very good. Also, I think their first fight was stopped early: Germaine blocked most of Amanda's strikes on the ground.

Not gonna happen.

1. UFC will not let Randamie get close to the title shot by any means neccesary.
2. This is the last fight in Randamie's contract. Even better reason not to give her TS

Screw everything.

Holly is #1 in BW.
Most likely #2 since Cyborg dropped at FW.

Either way Holly gets the next shot.

If the UFC is legit.

Screw everything.

Holly is #1 in BW.
Most likely #2 since Cyborg at FW.

Either way Holly gets the next shot.

If the UFC is legit.

Holly already booked vs Ladd

Fuck germaine I don’t want to see that smug face coward ever again

lol Yeah, GDR better not crawl her cowardly ass back now that Amanda did all of the hard work.

Amanda is in an interesting position, as are all the girls in 135 for that matter. With the exception of Cyborg and Megan, there aren't any other true 145ers. So the girls that would potentially go for the 145 belt would come from 135. So you could get girls that could potentially try to fight for both of Amanda's belts if they failed at getting the first one. Cat could have been a great fight/rematch/story had she not messed up

After taking out Cyborg, there really isn't anyone that is a clear threat to her, and 145 is so thin that she actually can easily defend both belts. Looks like she'll be the first real defending double champ.
#FeartheRainbow
<17>

Should be interesting.

Amanda is fucking unstoppable now and GDR has improved a lot on her TDD and clinch. However i doubt the UFC would ever give GDR a title shot.

Not gonna happen.

1. UFC will not let Randamie get close to the title shot by any means neccesary.
2. This is the last fight in Randamie's contract. Even better reason not to give her TS
I thought the same thing, but GDR is ranked number 2 after beating Raquel Pennington so maybe the UFC haven't got a problem with GDR getting a title shot. If she was fighting at 145 again then they definitely would have a problem, but 135 is different.

Hell no ! With Nunes who just destroyed Cyrborg, they should get rid of the featherweight division who was just created for Justino and has the most pathetic title history in the UFC so far :
- De Randamie got the title after punching Holm after the bell twice.
- Got stripped because too scared of Justino.
- Justino face an Invicta fighter Tony Evinger for the title, defend it against Holm who got a gifted title shot and then an unknown girl from Invicta.

No wonder many people don't take WMMA seriously considering how they are managing it.

GDR is ranked number 2 after beating Raquel Pennington so maybe the UFC haven't got a problem with GDR getting a title shot.

No, it's more like that they haven't got a problem to deny a title shot to someone highly ranked in their lousy and irrelevant rankings :)

I thought the same thing, but GDR is ranked number 2 after beating Raquel Pennington so maybe the UFC haven't got a problem with GDR getting a title shot. If she was fighting at 145 again then they definitely would have a problem, but 135 is different.

According to the UFC website GDR is ranked #1.

https://www.ufc.com/rankings

Is Vieira still injured?

Unfortunately for Zingano, that anomaly happened. Otherwise, a rematch for a belt could've been a real possibility.

Otherwise, winner of Holm vs Ladd gets the next shot if Vieira is out for a while. Anderson should beat Leah Letson or Zingano to get a title shot. Cyborg needs to leave the UFC already.

Basically, #anyonebutgermaine

GDR is a great fighter, I am laughing at the dweebs in this thread who fighter bash her and hate her because she refused to fight an opponent who's proven to have cheated and tested very suspiciously multiple times in the past. Like Ronda, GDR is smart to either decline or demand a 135lb fight where Borg couldn't possibly be dirty. "Borg can't 135 healthy..." not anyone else's problem, she can deal. She can lose 10lbs of muscle and still be 20lbs heavier in muscle than the other women anyway, so she's just being a baby. I have no sympathy for weight cut anorexia. Even a tad lighter, Borg would still be a beast striker with KO power.

As for GDR, she will never get a title shot again and I will be surprised if UFC renews her contract.

I think GDR should, on her own, challenge Borg and insist she's going to follow the blueprint and KO her in 2 minutes or less. Now that Borg is exposed, as long as she's fighting clean then there's a lot less to fear than there was two days ago.

Not gonna happen.

Yep. I fully expect them to just let her go when it's up. They very clearly were not a fan of how she handled that. Probably just didn't want to outright release her cause she hasn't been losing and fans get pissy when they release people on a whim like that

Probably just didn't want to outright release her cause she hasn't been losing and fans get pissy when they release people on a whim like that

They cannot LEGALLY release her from the contract if she's on winning streak. Leslie Smith is a special case.

As of releasing her after contract expires - aye, likely to happen. They need to be careful with the matchup though, so she won't neutralize a contender by any chance...

Back