Media Alex Pereira training Dutch kickboxing

I hope he continues to evolve his game
giphy.gif
This was obviously my first thought, but I meant like actually throwing elbows in the standup. Not when someone is trying to take you down, ala Travis Brown. Like how Charles Oliveria throws them.

Throwing a low kick after a combination isn't exclusive to dutch either. Also Justin was only throwing right low kicks against Max so I really don't get what the hell you mean by him stopping it.

Also I'm not claiming anything. Catching on the shell and firing a quick 1-2 is a very common dutch tactic.
I'm not talking about throwing low kicks in general. I'm talking about that Dutch style of low kick from in very close proximity while chopping down. Gaethje used to do it a lot but he stopped after poirier knocked him out

Ill be honest Idk if it is smart for Poatan to use a traditional legkick in MMA. The reason his calf kick is so effective, is because it is hard to read and doesnt leave him open to TDs. Especially if he fights against Ankalaev next a mistimed Legkick could spell disaster. I would like him to use elbows more, he is super lanky he step in elbow vs some of the guys who try to close distance should be devastating.

At this point in his career, he doesn't really need to train striking all that much. Just keep his current tools sharp and focus on learning all aspects of grappling to a proficient degree. Always boggles my mind when I see a great striker continue to focus on training striking heavily when they have a very clear flaw in their MMA skillset.

Bro training with Austin Turp Daddy Not So Slim Turpin too fam finna up his defense stat 💥✋🚫😴💤

Uncrowned champ and double champ das chama*chamachama fam 🔥*🔥🔥

*On April 12th Austin Turpin was ineligible to win the #PowerSlap LHW title due to missing weight but won the match via KO

Last edited:
At this point in his career, he doesn't really need to train striking all that much. Just keep his current tools sharp and focus on learning all aspects of grappling to a proficient degree. Always boggles my mind when I see a great striker continue to focus on training striking heavily when they have a very clear flaw in their MMA skillset.
Nonsense.

The two things you indeed have to train the most are: 1) your best weapon.. 2) you biggest weakness

Asking for harder leg kicks from Poatan:

<{Joewithit}>

🤯

Great communication between the two too, via translation but more impressive was the non verbal comm. Two guys really zoned in on what they were doing. Super impressive / inspirational.

Better than that, wanting him to combo in the corner and end on a heavy leg kick with his man backed up.

Brutal. I love it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stor
Back